We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Way From Airport To Downtown?

Pittsburg...
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best Way From Airport To Downtown?

What's the best way from the airport to downtown? Is there a train perhaps? Will be there week of June 13th.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,241 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Way From Airport To Downtown?

Houston has 2 airports, Hobby (HOU) and Bush Intercontinental (IAH).

If you are flying into IAH, there is a metro bus that goes nonstop to downtown.

The brochure I have shows it is 30 minute drive, $30 roundtrip ($15 one-way) and goes every 30 minutes.

www.ridemetro.org or 713-635-4000 for more info

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Way From Airport To Downtown?

I used to go to Houston regularly and preferred the shuttle to downtown to a taxi. It took a few minutes more, but was cheaper and I felt safer in the bigger vehicle. No trains.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
533 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Way From Airport To Downtown?

Hi Dad!,

We also have SuperShuttle, which is a reliable service:

www.supershuttle.com/en/HoustonHOU.aspx…

hope that link connects you, if not go to supershuttle.com. I booked online and got a better price, last time i used this service, visiting Los Angeles.

hope this helps!

cc, Cupcake

4. Re: Best Way From Airport To Downtown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2010, 06:23