We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time frame to attractions

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Time frame to attractions

Hi to ALL!

We just purchased the city pass. Can you tell me how long I should allow for the folling attractions. We are a family of three. Husband, five year old son and myself. Any help would be really appreciated. Also are all the attractions near one another, say with in five miles?

Space Center Houston

Houston Museum of Natural Science

The Health Museum

Thanks to all!!

Houston
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time frame to attractions

The Houston Museum of Natural Science and The Health Museum are within 5 min of each other.

I would also suggest The Childrens Museum. All are located in the Museum district a few min from each other. The Museum district is also near Herman Park and the Houston Zoo.

Space Center Houston is in Webster, TX which is about an hour drive down 45 south from the Museum district. Expect it to take a lot longer during the morning and afternoon rush hours.

Edited: 19 July 2010, 20:26
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time frame to attractions

Dear MM,

Each of the first 2 places will take you about 2 hours' time to enjoy. The next 2 places, I'd say 90 minutes. I agree with Lilly per travel times, and time of day To travel. Also, weekdays in those places will be Much better than a Saturday or Sunday.

The Children's Museum is newly re-done, and wonderful--very hands-on! I would also suggest the Cockrell Butterfly Museum, within the Museum of Natural History--the kids will enjoy it, as well as the adults! (be sure to wear a brightly colored shirt--red or yellow are favorites of the butteflies, and they'll often land on these colors!)

If you all are looking for the Best hamburger in town, and a great family friendly place not far from there, try Barnaby's on West Gray--wonderful, big burgers and the best fries in town , too..along with salads, spinach lasagna--something for everyone, in a relaxing atmosphere--full bar for the parents, home-made strawberry lemonade, for the kids! Portions are Texas sized, you might want to share! Below is a link for you:

b4-u-eat.com/houston/…rsv0834.asp

You will notice there are 4 locations, but the West Gray one is our favorite, and close to the museums, too! Look at the 3rd review down, I think it's about the W Gray location (each review is marked per which location it's about). This is also a great website for finding all kinds of eats, no matter where you are in our town, or surrounding area--just input your desires in the left hand column, and click for ideas, directions, reviews, etc!

Hope you all enjoy..did u find a hotel yet? We like the Drury Inn and Suites, and also Staybridge Suites, because they give a family room, and at SBS, a full kitchen, too, with breakfast included at both!

enjoy H-town!

cc,

Cupcake

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time frame to attractions

Thank you both for the great info!!!

Cupcake, I have not chose a hotel yet. I am having a hard time deciding. How far are the hotels that you mentioned from Galveston, we were also looking to do a day trip there.

4. Re: Time frame to attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 08:59