We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Crowne Plaza - Northwest/Brookhollow

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Crowne Plaza - Northwest/Brookhollow

I will be attending a meeting later this week at Crowne Plaza. Any restaurant recs. near Northwest/Brookhollow area? We like all types of food and would prefer locally owned restaurants where locals eat.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near Crowne Plaza - Northwest/Brookhollow

There are lots of restaurants in this area....though mostly chains.

Lyndons Pit BBQ on Hollister, south of 290, just around the bend.

North of 290 there are lots of chain restaurants, but Logan's Roadhouse is really good.

Pappadeaux (seafood), Red Lobster and TGIF are also located here.

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near Crowne Plaza - Northwest/Brookhollow

Thanks for your input. Any more local ideas...we also like ethnic restaurants...and we will have a car.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
548 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near Crowne Plaza - Northwest/Brookhollow

I can recommend 2 top notch local restaurants in the immediate area.

1 Cafe Red Onion, 12440 Northwest Freeway (aka Highway 290), Houston 77092, 713-957-0957 (Central American, Have built up a good following with multiple locations, This is the only one I can testify about)

2 Pho Dalat, 7758 West Tidwell Road, Houston 77040, 713-690-7508 (Higher end Vietnamese, wide selection, good service, lunch is popular with the business set in this area, A bit hard to find because it is set back in a shopping center, but there is a KFC outlet at the front of the shopping center).

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near Crowne Plaza - Northwest/Brookhollow

I too would suggest Cafe Red Onion and the seafood one across the street cannot think of the name right now. Brenner's is another option for steaks. It was a really good one of a kind but was purchased by the Landry chain (after the Brenners' passed away). The menu (and receipe) however is supposed to have remained the same. You will find a lot of opposition to any of the Landry's restaurant (and for good reason), but it is a great location and setting.

If you don't mind a little drive go to china town (Bellaire and Beltway 8) and pretty much any of those have great food.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,288 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near Crowne Plaza - Northwest/Brookhollow

Another vote for Cafe Red Onion - very good food and little more exotic than a lot of the chains in the area.

Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,288 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near Crowne Plaza - Northwest/Brookhollow

I meant to include this link as well; it shows other NW Houston restaurants if you want to read reviews.

http://www.b4-u-eat.com/eat002.asp?Z=&A=NW+Houston&H=0&N=&S=N

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near Crowne Plaza - Northwest/Brookhollow

Many thanks for your recs. We're looking forward to our trip!

Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,288 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants near Crowne Plaza - Northwest/Brookhollow

Louisiana, sorry that link didn't post correctly. If you go to the b4 u eat website, you can search by area of town. Enjoy your trip!

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants near Crowne Plaza - Northwest/Brookhollow

Kingwood & Volcano, just back and wanted to thank you two for steering us in the right direction. We had a fabulous meal last night at Cafe Red Onion and a wonderful lunch today at Pho Dalat.

I'm always amazing at the hundreds of chain restaurants it seems in this area..if you have more local recommendations that you love, keep them coming. We're coming back later this month!!

Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,288 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants near Crowne Plaza - Northwest/Brookhollow

Louisiana, glad you liked Red Onion. Their food is great. I think there's a Chuy's out that way. Have you ever been there? It's a chain, but fun with good Mexican food and margaritas. If you like BBQ, Demeris and Pappas are both good.