We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Houston Rodeo -- Need explanation

Baltimore, MD
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Houston Rodeo -- Need explanation

I'm headed to Houston the first weekend in March for the Houston Rodeo, but I'm having trouble figuring out the tickets.

If I just want to go to the rodeo, do I have to buy tickets to the concert too?

Tickets are outrageous the night I want to go because Janet Jackson is the performer. If I get cheap seats for the concert, will I be able to sit closer during the rodeo if there are seats free?

Can I buy tickets to Reliant Park without purchasing seats for the concert?

Thanks!

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,316 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Houston Rodeo -- Need explanation

Whenever we've gone, it's just been one ticket purchase that gets you into the rodeo and the concert. There's also a big outdoor carnival that goes along with it. They've enforced the seating when we've gone. The seats towards the front are really expensive, so I doubt they would let you move there.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Houston Rodeo -- Need explanation

I do not believe you can get into the rodeo (statium) without a concert ticket admission, I believe they are one in the same.

You can see the livestock and some small events in the arena though. You may walk the ground all thru there, just not into Reliant Stadium where the rodeo and concert are held. There is also music at The Hideout, on the grounds there, and that is free.

www.hlsr.com for more info

Welcome to Houston!!

Baltimore, MD
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Houston Rodeo -- Need explanation

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Baltimore, MD
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Houston Rodeo -- Need explanation

Great. Thank you for confirming this!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Houston Rodeo -- Need explanation

Allow time to go shopping at the huge vendor show in a big building next to the stadium where rodeo takes place.

Here is a link listing all the vendors:

www.rodeohouston.com/activities/shopping.aspx

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
357 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Houston Rodeo -- Need explanation

The tickets for the rodeo and the concert are the same. You can not separate the two events. Your ticket includes admission to Reliant Center for the carnival, midway, shopping, livestock events, rodeo, and concert.

Tickets are expensive if you want to see the rodeo/concert and the seating/ticketing is strictly enforced.

7. Re: Houston Rodeo -- Need explanation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 03:17