We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harwin St.

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Harwin St.

Is there a place where I can download a map of the different shops & locations?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harwin St.

I don't know but I would doubt it. You will find pretty much anything - not the best quality. Clothes, shoes, handbags, furnitue, perfume, gadgets, nick knaks, luggage, furniture, deco -. Most of the goods are imported from China and that region.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harwin St.

I have only been there twice and have searched for a map or list for years and never found one. Here is a link to a brick big showroom right in the middle of all the rows and rows of little industrial park like buildings on Harwin from Hillcroft to Gessner. You cannot just park and walk and see it all. You have to keep moving your car. It's 100's of small shoppes of purses, jewelry, baseball caps, t-shirts, wallets, cell phone accessories, giftware, flea market mdse., some furniture, upholst. fabrics, linens, art and much more. Some will not sell without a tax #, but most will sell. It's not fancy and no where to eat/drink unless you get back in car and drive off of Harwin. chinatownconnection.com/harwin-shops-houston…

Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harwin St.

Thanks for the info. I have never been but several of our friends want to go check it out. But we only have a couple of hours - so I wanted to make the best of our time.

We heard that 1 block has more jewelry, another has pottery, etc.

Don't know if that true.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harwin St.

I spent about 5 hours and everywhere I went it was a mix. Google earth it and you'll see the tiny strips of rental buildings. I never saw what you described. What I didn't walk I drove around to see if I was missing anything and it was a big melting pot. One place I went was furniture, giftware like nic nacs, dolls, pottery, western statue ware and then next door would be purse shop, then jewelry shop. It's not like a nice strip center, it's little warehouses.

Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harwin St.

Thanks for info gal.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,305 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harwin St.

I don't know if it's still there, but when I went, there was a building with a lot of little shops in it, everything from clothes to jewelry to perfume.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harwin St.

The brick building with a lot of individual shops is 9700 Harwin. Here is a photo.

chinatownconnection.com/harwin-shops-houston…

Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harwin St.

So are all the shop in here or is there lots more?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harwin St.

No, all the Harwin street shops are NOT in this one building. Pls read my earlier post. Also do a Google Sattelite map and it will show the roofs of hundreds of little strip centers on both sides of the street. All these shops are in the centers. Right in the middle of all this is this nice two story brick bldg. that is full of shops. All these stores go on and on and on for miles.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
520 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Harwin St.

Hi Exray,

I'm not sure of a map, but I can tell you this area is ever-changing, and just takes "exploring" to find the fun. I Definitely recommend heading to 9700 Harwin first; this is a 2 store brick enclosure with a lot of shops; you'll find a little bit of everything here, all under one roof.

My favorite thing to do is take my best friend as the "looker", and I'm the "driver", so she spots a cool place, and we head in. So many of the shops are within strip and centers that each have their own doors, so you just parking and wander about. It is really not safe to try to drive And look!

I usually find all I need within 9700 Harwin (it has a big sign out from, look for the large "9700". !) This place has bathrooms, a little deli for a quick snack and drink, and is climate controlled.

Hope this helps. Have fun!

cc,

Cupcake