We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

expected toll fee

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
expected toll fee

We will be traveling in a RV - Conroe, Houston, Austin ending in Dallas.

Can somebody give me an indication of what toll fees are on the main toll roads?

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
548 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: expected toll fee

Toll Roads in Texas are still the exception, especially between major population centers such as Dallas and Houston.

However, each of the cities you mentioned except Conroe has some toll roads in their area. The best web site to learn about these is http://www.txtag.org/roadways.php.

If you are renting an RV from a major agency, it's possible the RV will come with an automatic toll tag. Info on that system, txtag by name as I recall, is on the previous web site. Some toll roads require this tag, and will not take cash. Others do both.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: expected toll fee

There are alternate roads to all the toll roads so you really don't have to use any toll roads. If you plan to be driving during rush hour then maybe a good idea to use the toll roads - in Houston fees vary but will be under $5.00 from one end to the other ($1.25 per booth).

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: expected toll fee

many thanks for the info.

I agree not to use toll roads and that is the plan. The thought was if we need to go Houston via San Antonio to Austin, it might be best to use the toll road to save some time.

I also think the RV will have a toll tag as our trip actually starts in Orlando.

Cheers for now.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: expected toll fee

The major highways from Houston to San Antonio to Austin will not reuire a toll at all. It will be I-10 to San Antonio and then 35 from SA to Austin. In Houston to get to I-10, will depend where you are.

5. Re: expected toll fee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 18:18