We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

50 minute connecting flight on Continental at IAH

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
50 minute connecting flight on Continental at IAH

Hello,

I am not familiar with IAH.

I have travel plans in Jan, 2012 on Continental. The connecting flight through IAH is only 50 minutes, but is on the same airline.

Given that my arrival lands on time, do you think I have enough time to make the connection? Don't know how long the typical taxi time to get to the gate...How big is the airport?

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 50 minute connecting flight on Continental at IAH

The airport is really large, but since you are connecting with another Continental flight you should be fine, if it's to another domestic flight.

Boston...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 50 minute connecting flight on Continental at IAH

knr- Thanks for your reply. Yes, the flight is on to Denver. Do you know if it will be terminal E or C?

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 50 minute connecting flight on Continental at IAH

Pretty certain it'll be in C. I think E is international only

Houston, TX
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
478 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 50 minute connecting flight on Continental at IAH

E can be domestic as well. Gate assignments will be made about 24 hours out, but you can check the same flight number on the same day of the week to get a good idea of the possibilities.

That being said, 50 minutes is ample time to make connections (just don't stop for a sit down meal!).

Boston...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 50 minute connecting flight on Continental at IAH

knr and BigBadFisher,

Hadn't thought about checking the flight number on the same day of the week.

Thanks for the tip!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
474 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 50 minute connecting flight on Continental at IAH

Hi j,

Both international and domestic flight leave from Terminal E. The gates for the flights are not assigned until early the morning of the flights (often by 5am that day), but before you leave Boston, check online..you can print both boarding passes, and early the morning of flight, the gates will be assigned. Most likely, you will be leaving from Terminal E or Terminal C, which by the way, do connect, physically(so you might be able to walk it), or you can take the air train, depnding on which gate you are going out of.

An hour should be fine for your connection. When you deplane, there will probably be an airline rep there with connecting info (gates Do change day of the flight; mostly due to air traffic, late flights, etc), and you might even be able to grab one of the nice cart drivers near the gates, who can help you get to your gate, if the time is very short.

By the way...can you run down to Little Italy and bring me some cannoli from Pomodoro.? Wow, the Best!

Fly Happy!

cc,

cupcake

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 50 minute connecting flight on Continental at IAH

Terminal A is for Continental Connection arrivals/departures.

Terminal B is for Continental ExpressJet arrivals/departures.

Terminal C is for Continental/United full size jets.

Terminal E is for International departures, but domestic flights do depart from the terminal, too.

Boston...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 50 minute connecting flight on Continental at IAH

Thanks for your help!

Got a great price through an internet 3rd party, and then later regretted it when I realized the short connection time.

When you see a cheap price, you feel like you have to grab it before the price changes again!

Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
205 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 50 minute connecting flight on Continental at IAH

You should have plenty of time--most likely you will arrive in Terminal C and depart from C, but even if you have to change terminals - it is do able.

Would be quicker to stay inside the terminals--Taking a taxi would require clearing security again...

If you are really worried about the timing check the Continental Web site and make sure they offer the same connections--if they do, it will offer some reassurance that the airline is confident that the connection is achievable.

Boston...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 50 minute connecting flight on Continental at IAH

brown11, Thanks for your input.

Yes, Continental lists this flight and connection on their schedule, so hopefully all will go well.