We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage fee's

houston, tx
1 post
Save Topic
Baggage fee's

I'm trying to book a round trip flight from Houston to Miami. On the way over there I would be flying with delta airlines and on the way with american airlines. My question is will each way charge me a baggage fee ? or is it better to pay for the fee now while I'm booking the flight for about $25?

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baggage fee's

Each airline will charge seperately.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baggage fee's

Even if it were the same airline, you would be charged a separate fee each way.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baggage fee's

You can pretty much wait until a day or two before departure to pay for the check in bags online and get the lower fee. If you have an eligible credit card and use that card to buy the ticket then you can get it free.

I am surprised that the best rate is via multiple airlines.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baggage fee's

I'm not.."piggybacking" is big in airfares this summer..great idea to suggest using a certain credit card to avoid the fees; many cards offer that these days, to entice people to get their card..it's usually well worth having the card, and you don't have to use it otherwise, if you don't care to.

5. Re: Baggage fee's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 22:18