We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stores with local music near Hobby or Johnson Space Center

Helena, Alabama
Level Contributor
259 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Stores with local music near Hobby or Johnson Space Center

I always like to pick up my wife a CD (yes, CD, she actually prefers them) of a local artist on my travels; are there any stores that carry a good selection of local Houston or Texas artists near Hobby Airport or Johnson Space Center? Also, she enjoys country and bluegrass styles of music, any artist suggestions? Thank you!

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stores with local music near Hobby or Johnson Space Center

George Strait is King of Country and a Texas native...can't go wrong there.

Pat Green also a native Texan, as is Clay Walker. For country/bluegrass artist, look for Dierks Bentley (although not a Texan).

You should be able to find CD's at any Target, Best Buy or Fry's store. You'll find one of these stores along I-45 between Hobby and JSC.

Helena, Alabama
Level Contributor
259 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stores with local music near Hobby or Johnson Space Center

knr, thanks for the quick response and good suggestions! Re-reading my question I should have asked about local, more undiscovered talent that is playing local music halls, clubs, bars, etc. around East Texas, i.e. who is the next Pat Green to come out of Texas? Thanks! Good to know that stretch of I-45 has plenty of shopping too! Best wishes.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,067 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stores with local music near Hobby or Johnson Space Center

The better CD stores in town are closer to Downtown: Cactus Music, Soundwaves, Sound Exchange, etc. There is, however, a Half Price Books on NASA Road 1 at El Camino Real. These sometimes have a few used local CDs. There are also a few stores around Hobby Airport that would potentially sell local rap and Mexican (likely Norteno style) CDs, although I doubt you'd be interested in that, and I can't be sure that they do sell these.

This site details the Houston music scene and has been around for years: http://www.spacecityrock.com/

4. Re: Stores with local music near Hobby or Johnson Space Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 15:19