We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to fly fish

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
best place to fly fish

We will be passing by Houston, well maybe a sort stop, and we would like to go fly fishing. we will be close to Hermann park. Is there a lake or pond to fish at there? And we will be visiting Galveston.... also would like to fly fish there also. Can someone tell me of some good spots to go, and what kind of fly lures are you using for the seaside.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place to fly fish

HI 1Kat,

A fellow fisherman!!!

I found this link, as fly fishing is really more fun in running water:

http://www.texasflyfishing.com/

it is in the Hill Country though, and not the City, sorry...we don't really have a lot of good places to fish within Houston, but you can head to Lake Conroe or Lake Livingston for a day on the water. With the extreme heat we have had though, I can tell you they are on the low run right now, so you have to be out before sun-up, to entice the larger catches to the top..right now, you can hit a big Cat on the head with bait, and they are too sluggish to care!

Baits vary, of course, depending on what you're going for. They use a lot of live bait in and around Galveston, with weighted gear for the bigger fish.

wish i was fishing now.... :)

hope you find a good spot!

cc,

Cupcake

2. Re: best place to fly fish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 01:16