We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun Restaurant Ideas?

Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Fun Restaurant Ideas?

Anybody have any fun atmosphere restaurant ideas I can take my husband out to for his birthday? Would like to get any ideas anybody has. Thanks in advance!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
4,742 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun Restaurant Ideas?

Dave and Busters? Food and a big arcade. Number of pubs in town, pub food and drinks, some w/ bands. Mucky Duck for one.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
184 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun Restaurant Ideas?

What kind of food does he enjoy? I like the Taste of Texas for special occasions.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
447 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun Restaurant Ideas?

Many in our family like the atmosphere of a Japanese Steak House for their birthdays. It's really fun if you have a chef that is experienced because he will also know how to entertain.

Edited: 11 August 2011, 19:12
Sugar Land
Level Contributor
187 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun Restaurant Ideas?

I would take advantage of the special Houston restaurant weeks menus through 8/31-$35 gets you a nice 3-4 course meal & $5 of it goes to the Houston food bank. We ate a wonderful meal at Mark's last night. There are many great steakhouses and ethnic restaurants on the list. Churrascos & Americas offer great Latin-themed steakhouses with excellent desserts. The Melting Pot fondue restaurant is also quite fun. Or if he is a big meat lover, Fogo de Chao is popular, with all-you-can eat meat & an excellent salad/sides bar.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fun Restaurant Ideas?

I too will go with Mucky Duck and Melting pot. To that I would also add Rajun Cajun. Good food fun atmosphere.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,668 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fun Restaurant Ideas?

I think the Melting Pot is fun too. Agree with sugarlandmom about Mark's - it's our favorite go-to for special events if you're looking for something upscale. If he likes pub food, BRC is one of our favorites. We always think it's fun to go down to Kemah and eat along the water as well.

…citysearch.com/find/…restaurants.html is a good source too.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,668 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fun Restaurant Ideas?

I meant to include this link too. It's the winners voted on by Houston foodies.

www.houstonentreeawards.com/…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
300 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fun Restaurant Ideas?

Mucky Duck is fun for a casual night out... try the pot pies - they're out of this world. Melting Pot is my personal favorite for a fancier date night... it's a long meal though so you definitely get your money's worth! For Restaurant Week(s), we love going to Ruth's Chris. The steak is to die for and you can actually afford it during August!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
544 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fun Restaurant Ideas?

Hi Sharon,

I took my husband to Laurenzo's, as he's a sports buff, and they have a great collection of memorabilia; if you call ahead,they will make a special dessert for you. Then, we walked to some of the fun bars on Washington for drinks and conversation. You could also start this night out at the Hilton Americas Skybar for a martini at sunset.

You might also go to Three Forks (ask for a table in the bar area),and then go to the Lucky Strike Lanes, or other fun to be had at that complex, the houston Pavilions.

Hope you all have a good celebration!

enjoy!

cc,

cupcake

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
447 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fun Restaurant Ideas?

If you like comedy, the Houston Improv can be fun. The food and drink are a bit over-priced but if they have a good act, you can have a really good time.

symfonee.com/improv/houston/home/Index.aspx