We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Houston Livestock and Rodeo

Mackay Qld Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Houston Livestock and Rodeo

Looking at heading to Houston for the Livestock and rodeo in 2012. Have been to the website but although I see the dates in Feb to March there is no schedule posted for the events. We want to plan our trip around the Brahman cattle judging but are unable to make concrete plans until we find out. Any thoughts.......

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,185 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Houston Livestock and Rodeo

Usually in mid-late November they will start posting some information. Or, you might try calling them to see if they can give you some information.

Welcome to Houston!!

Mackay Qld Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Houston Livestock and Rodeo

Thanks for that, I have also contacted the Australian Brahman Breeders Assoc to see if they have any advice. Looking forward to the Show, we have heard some very good reports from people who have previously been. Cheers from Aus.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,185 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Houston Livestock and Rodeo

It's a lot of fun and y'all will have a great time.

Airlie Beach...
Level Contributor
13 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Houston Livestock and Rodeo

Personally I think Charalois are better than Brahmans, but - y'all have a great time !!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Houston Livestock and Rodeo

Brahmans are Beautiful!! I grew up around cattle, and know that Brahmans are always ready for a good head scratching; they are often like big puppies.

Looks like you have some good ideas for finding info here, I agree about calling the cattle association. Be sure to book hotels as soon as you get that info; they fill up quickly, later on. I like "hotels.com" or "dealbase.com" to find good prices.

If you have not been to the Rodeo here, you are in for a treat..it is huge and wonderful..like Texas! Glad you will be able to come visit us!

cc,

Cupcake

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Houston Livestock and Rodeo

Mr. Mackay,

Are you familiar with the Limousin cattle? They usually have them at the HLS&R, and I love them!

http://www.nalf.org/

Now, that's a Texas-sized animal!

cc,

Cupcake

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
92 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Houston Livestock and Rodeo

As soon as you find out when you want to travel, book your accommodations...the rooms in the city book up quickly during the rodeo, between the out-of-town guests and locals that don't want to drive after a night of fun, it can be very hard to get a room last minute! Enjoy your trip...have safe travels.

8. Re: Houston Livestock and Rodeo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 19:18