We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

G.Bush airport, Houston

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
G.Bush airport, Houston

Hiya, I've got a flight booked to Vegas with a change at G.Bush Airport in Houston.

We land at treminal E and fly out to Vegas from terminal C, are these terminals close together? will we have enough time in 50 mins to get from one to the other?

thanks

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: G.Bush airport, Houston

ifly.com/george-bush-intercontinental-airpor…

Should be plenty of time.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: G.Bush airport, Houston

Hi,

Those terminals actually connect, depending on which "end" of Terminal C you are going out of. If you are not on that end, there is an easy "airtrain" that you can take, and you will go downstairs from the train plaza, and turn left or right to your gate..very simple; the signs are good at IAH, and anyone working there is always glad to direct you. Either way, you can connect to your next gate in less than 12 minutes.

Enjoy Vegas!

cc,

Cupcake

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: G.Bush airport, Houston

thank you, that makes me feel better.

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: G.Bush airport, Houston

do you have to go through customs and immigration by any chance? That will make it an entirely different story.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: G.Bush airport, Houston

We are with Continental airlines for both flights, guess we have to go through security ?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: G.Bush airport, Houston

Hi,

Coming in from another country, you will need to first go through Immigrations, and then go downstairs to collect your baggage and go through U.S. Customs.With both flights being Continental, your bags will be tagged to Las Vegas..but,being your 1st point of entry into the USA, you do have to get your bags and recheck them after Customs.

This could take an hour,depending on the day of the week and time of day you arrive. The earlier you arrive, the less likely that area will be too crowded, in general. If you do happen to miss your flight,there wil probably be

another flight that you will be rebooked on. After Customs, the ariline has a service desk there to help you.

If you can do carry-on baggage only,you can use the new "One Stop" lines, which can help you save time. You will see this designated line as you enter the Immigrations hall. These lines are used to expedite anyone with Only carry-on baggage, or anyone transiting from one country directly to another (say,if someone is going from Japan to Mexico). These lines are open until 7pm each day.

enjoy Vegas!

cc,

Cupcake

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: G.Bush airport, Houston

Knowing that you are an international arrival puts a different spin on things...

This web site supplies wait times information from gate arrival through finishing at passport control...

http://apps.cbp.gov/awt/

For Houston it was between 1 and 80 minutes this past August. To that you have to add the walk time (its a long walk) through the area, time to pick up your baggage and drop it back off at the connecting flight x-ray area then dropping off your customs slip. Fifty minutes will be iffy.

UK
Level Contributor
598 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: G.Bush airport, Houston

50 minutes probably isn't enough time to collect your bags, clear customs and get to Terminal C.

However, I'm not sure from where you got the figure of 50 minutes. There are two arrivals from Heathrow at 1330 and 1550. The next Vegas flights are at 1445 and 1735 respectively. So the minimum connecting time would be 1 hour 15 minutes.

Did you buy the ticket from Continental as a single trip via Houston or did you buy each leg separately ?

Mountain View...
Level Contributor
195 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: G.Bush airport, Houston

I'm looking at booking a flight to Costa Rica on Continental/United, with a layover in Houston. For whatever reason, the return flight is putting me with only 1 hour layover in Houston. That doesn't seem very realistic for going through immigration/customs and getting my connecting flight to SFO. And this is assuming that my flight out of Costa Rica is running on time. Any idea why they would put me on a return international flight with so little layover time?

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: G.Bush airport, Houston

the flight we have booked lands at Houston at 13.45 CO035

, and the Vegas flight leaves at 14.40 CO1459, with Continental airlines, we booked this as the agent advised us that if we go all the way with the sme airline we wouldn't have to take the bags off. We have in the past had layovers in Germany and Dubai and not had to remove bags??? I do hope this will be the same for Houston?

Not getting a good feeling about this flight now!