We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

super bowl

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
charlotte,nc
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
super bowl

My husband and I are going to be in Houston the first weekend in feb. We are huge football fans and would like to know where is a good place to go watch the superbowl. We are staying at the Hyatt Regency . Also and other fun suggestion like thing to do, places to eat would be helpful. Thanks

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: super bowl

Welcome to Houston! SRO (Northwest Mall: 290 & 610) is a huge sports bar. Many of the top Alumni clubs watch their college football here (FSU, Ohio St., Florida, Nebraska). It would be a fun place to watch the big game.

The "Village" (near 59 & kirby) is a cool place near the center of the city. It is home to Rice University and has a bunch of shops, restaraunts, and bars. BW's 3's would be a good village spot to catch the game.

The Galleria Area (610 & Westheimer) has some of the best shopping in Texas. There is a new Fox Sports bar attached to the mall, but I haven't been there yet.

I'm not sure what kind of food you are looking for, but I'll list a few of my favorites:

Ruggles (westheimer location) my favorite restaraunt

Carrabbas (original Carrabbas restaraunt on Kirby)

Benjy's (in the village)

Anything with Pappas in the name (Pappacitos-mexican, Pappadeaux - seafood)

Texadelphia (westheimer) for good cheap food/beer/sports

charlotte,nc
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: super bowl

Thanks fo much for the good information. Sounds like we will have alot of choices for the game. We are looking forward to our trip.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
454 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: super bowl

You could also try Champps American Restaurant. They have pleanty of big screens. They located in Uptown next to the galleria.

charlotte,nc
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: super bowl

Thanks for all the suggestions on where to go over the weekend in Houston. We had a great time. Champs was great!!! Had a wonderful time.