We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good steak and seafood restaurants

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,614 posts
442 reviews
Save Topic
Good steak and seafood restaurants

Will be in Houston visiting daughter next week. Need suggestions for good steak and seafood restaurants. We will be staying in the Rice University/Medical Center area but do not mind driving. Thanks

lew
houston, texas
Level Contributor
844 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good steak and seafood restaurants

For steak we like Pappas and Striphouse. As far as seafood, we enjoy Eddue V's and REEF. Have fun!

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good steak and seafood restaurants

Houston has a lot more to offer than chains. Check out the website http://www.b4-u-eat.com/

Taste of Texas - Steak

Christie's Seafood - Fried seafood old school!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,614 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good steak and seafood restaurants

Thanks. We ate at Taste of Texas when we were there in Feb.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good steak and seafood restaurants

If you want something a little different, Churrasco's has very good steaks. It's a very popular South American spot. We also like Vic and Anthony's and Eddy V's. If you just want an all around fabulous restaurant, Mark's is our favorite. Great spot built in an old church so it has neat architecture too. Capital Grille is popular - we haven't tried that one.

Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good steak and seafood restaurants

Just thought of another one - Perry's is also very good.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
484 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good steak and seafood restaurants

Pappa's Steak House is very good. Next to it is Trulucks and you can find seafood and steaks. Morton's is also fine too.

My favorite steak house is Flemming's because the service is always spot on and you can order a petite filet if you don't want to stuff yourself.

Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good steak and seafood restaurants

And if you ever find yourself in Pearland, Killen's is very good. Looks kind of dumpy on the outside, but their food is excellent.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,614 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good steak and seafood restaurants

Thanks all- will report back after our trip and let you know where we ate.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good steak and seafood restaurants

If you feel like something just a little different, as far as seafood, try Goode Company seafood (more cajun) or Fung's Kitchen - very good, fresh and all types of seafood - not just fish.

As far as a steak - Pappas Bros or Remington (restaurant at St. Regis). I am usually not a fan of hotel restuarants but this is good.

I always forget this - but a small french restaurant in Humble called Chez Nous - meat or seafood.

Houston, TX
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
481 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good steak and seafood restaurants

Reef is really, really good seafood.

Truluck's does great crabs and seafood, but their carrot cake is ... freaking unbelievably good. My wife and I go there for desert after eating at other restaurants! It is in the Galleria area, so a little drive for you.

Steaks... lots of good places mentioned above. I'd place Killens as the top, but it will also be your longest drive.