We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Houston weekend - where to stay - help?!

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
swansea
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Houston weekend - where to stay - help?!

I will be staying in Houston soon on my own midway through a business trip, Friday - Sunday. I'm female, 35.

My main priority is being somewhere safe. I'm not planning on wandering around on my own at midnight but I'd like to be able to go shopping in the day and feel ok.

I am sooo confused about whether it is safer to stay downtown, midtown or galleria....can anyone help????

I am currently looking at Hilton Doubletree, Hyatt Regency and 4 Seasons but these are all downtown - is this the best (safest) option? ANY help gratefully received!!

Thanks

swansea
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Houston weekend - where to stay - help?!

Also looking at Omni hotel but this is more galleria area....??? V confused!!!

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,384 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Houston weekend - where to stay - help?!

Galeria is a great area. Lots of shopping, restaurants plenty of things going on until 10 or 11 pm. Do you have a car?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Houston weekend - where to stay - help?!

Galleria area would be the best bet. If you want to stay in the mall itself there are two Westin hotels. Plenty of shopping and bars / restaurants too, so you don't even have to leave the mall. If you want a better hotel then maybe St. Regis. I am pretty sure they have a shuttle but you can also walk (to the mall). Other hotels in the general area; - JW Marriott, Hotel Derek, Intercontinental. Omni is a little out of the way so I would not recomend it.

lew
houston, texas
Level Contributor
826 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Houston weekend - where to stay - help?!

Galleria area is great. I'd recommend The Houstonian, Rememington, or Hotel Derek. Hotel Za Za in the Museum District has an awesome Sunday Funday around the pool.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
92 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Houston weekend - where to stay - help?!

Galleria area is the best bet, several hotels mentioned above, along with The Houstonians and the Intercontinental are great choices. Food and shopping and The Houstonian will have their driver drop you off and pick you up; the other hotels probably have car service as well.

swansea
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Houston weekend - where to stay - help?!

Thanks so much everyone - really helpful. You all seem pretty unanimous in galleria area being best so I will go with that! Thanks again everyone :)

7. Re: Houston weekend - where to stay - help?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 08:19