We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Houston North

SXB
Level Contributor
102 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott Houston North

Any recent experiences at this property? Any Marriott platinums that can comment about their recent stay?

For someone that hasn't been to Houston yet, how is the location and is this a rather safe neighborhood?

Any opinions on the new restaurant they have opened just a few months ago?

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,288 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Houston North

The location is only going to be good if you need to stay in the Greenspoint or Airport area. There is not anything around for night time activities and you won't want to walk around the area after dark.

I've not stayed at the hotel or been in there in 25 years, but the general area is not the best.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Houston North

If you have to be by the airport I think I would pick the Mariott at the airport. As the prev post states - not the best area.

SXB
Level Contributor
102 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Houston North

Problem is that the rate is too good not to use this property: 60$ inclusive of breakfast buffet. I'll rent a ride an won't use the area but to crash for the night. Still a bad idea to stay here?

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,288 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Houston North

You'll be fine just to sleep there.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott Houston North

As long as you are inside the hotel property you should be okay. Just be aware and don't wander out on the streets.

6. Re: Marriott Houston North

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 13:18