We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Hobby

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tempe
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation to Hobby

What are the options for transportation to Hobby airport from the Meyerland area for three people? Is there a less expensive option than Super Shuttle? How much would a taxi cost?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to Hobby

Taxis to and from the airports use a set schedule of fees. (they also turn the meter on, and have to use the lower of the two fees). It has been 2 years since I have used this service, but even for 2 people it made more sense than the shuttle.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
520 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to Hobby

Hi Marian,

I don't know what taxi fees are, I am sure you could check the websites for Liberty Cab, Yellow Cab,etc. This might be another option:

http://www.mycitylimousine.com/rates.html

I would ask for discounts for booking online.

hope this helps,

cc,

Cupcake

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to Hobby

My family and I (6 adults and a 12 month old) are arriving at the IAH Airport in February 2012 and require transportation to the Galleria area. We can't seem to find a Taxi/Shuttle service that offers a car seat suitable for our grandchild. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
92 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation to Hobby

You can pull up Houston Yellow Cab online and it will give you an exact rate for airport transportation. Have safe trip!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation to Hobby

I would think if you were to order the taxi (or limo) on-line (such as yellow cab) and request a car seat they will comply. However this brings up another question - how will the baby be transported thereafter? If you are staying with friends or family and they have a car seat can they not pick you up? If not the best bet would be to rent a car with a car seat. A three row SUV should have adequate room for all of you.

6. Re: Transportation to Hobby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2012, 10:16