We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best IAH Hotel

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
Best IAH Hotel

So I have some points with Marriott that I just don't need so I'm planning in using them for my 10 hour overnight stop at IAH. I'll be arriving at 9:15 p.m. from an international flight and leaving the next day at 7:25 a.m.

I have 3 options

*The Marriott at IAH 20,000 points. Includes 1 breakfast

*Houston Marriott North 15,000 points

*SpringHill 10,000 points. includes 1 breakfast

So I know that the location at the Marriott is the best, and although I do have a lot of points, I just want to make sure the hotel is worth 20 k points.

The Houston Marriott North is actually 8 miles from the airport but it's by far the nicest.

And apparently the SpringHills is the best in all Houston.

Which is the best option

And I'll be arriving with my two kids.

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best IAH Hotel

The airport Marriott is very conventient and accessible through the airport tram (the one outside of security). I've been stranded twice at IAH due to missed connections coming in from overseas on delayed flights and stayed there overnight both times. I can't say enough about how courteous and helpful they were to a family of stranded travelers each time.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
548 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best IAH Hotel

I'd use the Spring Hill, which is a fairly short shuttle bus ride. Nothing wrong with the IAH Marriott, but it's not worth the extra miles, IMHO.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,346 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best IAH Hotel

I go with the Springhill i agree with Jackta save your points.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,236 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best IAH Hotel

save 10k on points and go with Springhill.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best IAH Hotel

Hi C,

Springhill is the newest of these Marriott properties, and I think it would serve you well. It is across the street from a convenience store and a few other smaller businesses, too (pizza,etc).

Enjoy,

cc,

Cupcake

6. Re: Best IAH Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 05:17