We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JC Penny or Kohl's store close to IAH

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
52 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
JC Penny or Kohl's store close to IAH

Hi We have 1/2 xay layover in Houston Wednesday March 7th. I am looking to shop at JC Penny's or and or Kihl's as they have items I need and can't get in Canada. I need to know if there are those stores in a mall closest to the airport and possible hotel choises. Please help!

Edited: 27 December 2011, 20:58
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
548 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JC Penny or Kohl's store close to IAH

Google Maps shows a Kohl's about 7 miles away from IAH, 20755 Hwy 59 North, Humble, TX 77338, Telephone

(281) 548-9970 and a J C Penny nearby at Deerbrook Mall, 20131 Hwy 59 North, Humble, TX 77338, 281-540-7513. I don't know this area well, so perhaps the Kingwood DE will weight in with more details in coming days, including comments on the quality of stores and the best way to travel to them.

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
52 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JC Penny or Kohl's store close to IAH

Thank you ever so much for providing addresses! I found the Country Inn and Suites, clsoe to the Deerpark Mall. It appears that there is a Kohls and JCPenny near by. I hope to spend moretime in Houston later in the year and take in many of your great sights!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JC Penny or Kohl's store close to IAH

Kohl's and JCP are in Humble. As pointed out, JCP is inside the mall and Kohl's is about a mile away. Next to Kohl's is a Super Target. So if you go to Kohl's you have only the two stores but if you go to the Mall you will have plenty more. I think Kohl's is less expensive - so if it is some specific items then Kohl's would be okay.

Taking a taxi to the mall (or Kohl's) is one option but personally I think renting a car would be cheaper and better, specially if you are checking into a hotel. This way you have more options for food too. Three of four trips in a taxi will exceed the cost of a rental.

As far as Hotel / Motel there are so many. It depends on the price range, whether you are actually sleeping overnight or just rest and relax.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JC Penny or Kohl's store close to IAH

Hi,

Family has stayed at that hotel, and really enjoyed it. It is possible that their hotel shuttle will give you a lift to the shopping center that has a Target and a large Kohl's. Great sales right now!

Deerbrook Mall, also a short ride away, maybe 4 minutes, has a nice JCPenney, Macy's and Dillard's, which is on level with Macys, and has good sales right now, too.

If you are looking for good food, go to Asian City, that is located right outside the Mall...you can walk across the mall parking lot to get to it. Sit at the bar and have the sushi guys make you wonderful sushi; they are so fun and friendly. Good Chinese food, too, if you prefer a mix of foods.

Enjoy!

cc,

Cupcake

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
52 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JC Penny or Kohl's store close to IAH

Thanks for all the info. I look forward to the sales at the stores mentioned. We are going March 6th. What's the weather like in Houston at that time?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JC Penny or Kohl's store close to IAH

Hi C,

As we lovingly say in Texas: "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes..it will change!". Be sure to check the Weather Underground or similar websites for a forecast, right before you pack. It can be 18, it can be 80 degrees!

Always best to bring layers: jeans, tshirts, long sleeved tee shirts, light jacket. That way, you can layer on clothing in the morning, and then remove the layers, as the day wears on, and it gets warmer. Not a bad idea to pack one of those rain jackets that folds up into a little package, or a jacket that is warm, and has a waterproof outer layer.

A scarf can ward off the chilly wind, and is easy to pack too. I have to tell you, I Have gone to the beach in March to sunbathe here, too. :)

have fun.

cc, Cupcake

have fun!

Edited: 05 January 2012, 14:16
7. Re: JC Penny or Kohl's store close to IAH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2013, 10:19