We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good restaurants near La quinta hotel near IAH JFK boul

Benbecula Island...
Level Contributor
2 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Any good restaurants near La quinta hotel near IAH JFK boul

My husband and I are staying overnight at the hotel and need a place to eat that we can get to quite easily. we have no car as we are flying in from London

QOE
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
289 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good restaurants near La quinta hotel near IAH JFK boul

Almost everything in that area is fast food or sandwich shops. The Sheraton that is nearby might have a nice restaurant. The one inside the Doubletree is not very good. Perhaps the staff at La Quinta could make a recommendation once you're here.

Benbecula Island...
Level Contributor
2 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good restaurants near La quinta hotel near IAH JFK boul

Thank you.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good restaurants near La quinta hotel near IAH JFK boul

You can also see if the hotel has a shuttle that would take you to a nearby restaurant or else you will have to get a taxi. Getting one back from a restaurant could be a problem, so the shuttle would be your best option with no car.

UK
Level Contributor
598 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good restaurants near La quinta hotel near IAH JFK boul

I'm in the same boat next week - flying in from London and stuck at an airport hotel for the night with no car.

After some investigation into avoiding taxi fares, I found a local bus service (102) which will drop me off a couple of minutes walk from Pappas Seafood restaurant which is supposedly quite good (tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g56003-d…). The journey time from the La Quinta is about half an hour and there's a stop near the hotel. The fare is only $1.25.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any good restaurants near La quinta hotel near IAH JFK boul

Food at the restaurant in the Crown Plaza is very good. It is more than walking distance but not that far. Also see the other post about restaurants in Humble for more info.

Pappa's Sea Food is good.

Edited: 23 March 2012, 16:04
New Jersey
Level Contributor
417 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any good restaurants near La quinta hotel near IAH JFK boul

it has been several years but I ate at the "Good Eats Grill" about 1/2 mile roundtrip from the hotel. It was ok - nothing special except if you are staying at a local hotel you can get a 15% discount.

To get an idea of what is available in the area and where it is located try Google Maps.

http://maps.google.com/

Enter in the address, then click "nearby" and enter "restaurant"

7. Re: Any good restaurants near La quinta hotel near IAH JFK boul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 15:17