We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JW Marriott Houston

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, New...
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Topic
JW Marriott Houston

I am thinking about staying at the JW Marriott Houston. Is this a nice hotel?

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JW Marriott Houston

very nice and in the heart of the Galleria area. Surrounded by lots of dining and shopping also.

Las Vegas, New...
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: JW Marriott Houston

Is this the best Marriott branded hotel in the Houston area (including Renaissance, Autograph, full service Marriott)- but disregarding Ritz Carlton?

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,550 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JW Marriott Houston

I'm not sure how to answer your most recent question, but if you're locked into Marriott, it's a very nice hotel. If you're looking for a Galleria-area location, it's still one of the better hotels around. You can always spend more at the St Regis (not a Marriott hotel) for a 5-star experience, but you'll get a good experience at the JW Marriott.

Are there better hotels in Houston? Sure...just decide where you want to be located and how much you want to spend. As far as Marriott goes, this is as good as it's going to get in Houston, to the best of my knowledge. I hope this answers your question.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
530 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JW Marriott Houston

I travel extensively, and am not a fan of the Marriott Chain, but everyone has different opinions.

The JW Marriott is a Luxury Hotel. If that's what you're looking for, you will probably enjoy your stay. I just think that over $300.00 per night is a bit pricey when you consider all the additional fees they charge.

You'll pay extra fees such as Parking and Internet for example. Additional fees may be charged depending on the type of room you choose.

I just thought I'd mention this, in case you were unaware.

Have a safe trip, and Welcome to Houston.

5. Re: JW Marriott Houston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 01:19