We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestion on restaurant

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Charles
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
suggestion on restaurant

My husband and I are traveling to Houston tomorrow to spend the weekend for my birthday. I'm looking for a restaurant suggestion for tomorrow night. We usually do Pappasito's but looking for something different but not real expensive. I am looking for a steak or seafood restaurant.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestion on restaurant

Try Pappadeaux for seafood.

What part of Houston will you be in?

Happy Birthday!!

Lake Charles
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestion on restaurant

The Galleria area.

Thank you!

Houston, TX
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
480 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestion on restaurant

hmmm - not real expensive, but in the galleria for fish or seafood... Those don't fit very well!

Trulucks is just down the street and has great seafood and the best carrot cake I've ever had, but it is pricey. You might consider ending up here for desert after your dinner elsewhere perhaps.

You might enjoy Grand Lux cafe. It has a good selection of food and the prices are reasonable.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestion on restaurant

There are so many good steak houses and seafood restaurants in the galleria area but nothing in the price range of Pappasito's. Pappas Bros (same family) for example will be about $100 for just entree tax and tip. What I would do is go to Chinatown and have some fish (steamed, grilled or fried). They usually do the whole fish, if you don't like it then ask them to fillet or without head and / or tail. Yummy Kitchen is one that comes to mind - great food but not fancy. If you want a bit more fancy check out the bigger nicer ones.

Another option is a place like Tampico's - not in the best area of town but great seafood. You can pick the fish or shrimp (that is on ice) and tell them how you want it cooked.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,550 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestion on restaurant

3dsMom--

Since you're from Lake Charles, I think you'd be disappointed with Pappadeaux--it just won't compare to some of those wonderful seafood places you've got in Louisiana. You're not going to find a "reasonable" steak dinner in the Galleria area, but you might enjoy Chama Gaucha, a Brazilian steakhouse (I think it's still $39.50/person) for all you can eat if you're in the mood for all sorts of beef, lamb, chicken, and sausage. They also have a great salad bar. This would be my top pick. (You need reservations, particularly if it's on the weekend.)

If the budget is a little lower than that, there are some decent Italian restaurants--Grotto, Maggiano's (not one of my personal favorites, but it stays full), or Villagio on San Felipe. There are a couple of good Chinese places--Fu's Garden on San Felipe and Panda Garden on Fountainview. That enough to start with?

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: suggestion on restaurant

Tony's

America's

Papas Steakhouse

Brio

La Griglia

Bistro Des Amis

7. Re: suggestion on restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 06:16