We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prepaid GSM micro sim near Texas Medical Center

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manila
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Prepaid GSM micro sim near Texas Medical Center

Hello all. I am up for a (very) short trip to the Texas Medical Center area this coming April and am looking at saving on roaming voice, SMS and data charges.

I have been doing some research and have found out that T Mobile has prepaid GSM data and voice services available. I understand that telcos which deal with prepaid services are not as widely available in the US as they are in Asia, but I think the T Mobile rates are quite acceptable.

I was wondering if anyone could point to me where I can get a prepaid mobile microsim with voice and data services near the Texas Medical Center (e.g. Rice Village etc.). Really appreciate it and thanks in advance...

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,525 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prepaid GSM micro sim near Texas Medical Center

The closest T-Mobile store to the Medical Center area is apparently the one at 3607 O.S.T. (Old Spanish Trail). I don't know that they would carry what you need, but I'd start there, especially if you have access to a car while you're in Houston.

Other than that, I'd suggest googling "tmobile houston", and going from there. The next-closest store appears to be on So. Sheperd, but again, they may or may not be a full-service store.

Good luck.

manila
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prepaid GSM micro sim near Texas Medical Center

Thanks Gene T. It looks like OST is accessible from where I am booked. I'll give it a shot after landing.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
474 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prepaid GSM micro sim near Texas Medical Center

Hi,

When you arrive at your hotel, give the store a call to make sure they have what you are looking for. If they don't,I am sure they can give you information, address, etc, on which store will have all you need.

Enjoy Houston!

cc,

Cupcake

manila
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prepaid GSM micro sim near Texas Medical Center

Good suggestion, Cupcake Too. Thanks heaps.

5. Re: Prepaid GSM micro sim near Texas Medical Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 06:16