We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soft Play areas

Lancashire, UK
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Soft Play areas

Hi,

Following on from my other "what to do with kids question".. We're coming over next week when my other half will be attending a conference, We're only bringing the 4 year old with us so I'll have her for a few days during the day whilst mum is working.

What's the best soft play areas around Houston ? SHe wants to go to a water park but I'm think one of the spraygrounds might be better if there's a good one ?

In the UK here it's only just got near 50 degrees so houston will be warm enough for playing in water !

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
357 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soft Play areas

Not sure if the play fountains will be turned on yet. Not saying its "cold" exactly, but Houstonians generally don't go swimming until late May.

There is a great splash fountain in The Woodlands Market Street area. The Woodlands mall also has a nice soft playground as well as a branch of the Museum of Natural Science with great hands-on exhibits. If you are Downtown, the Children's Museum would be perfect for your little one. Everything is touchable and interactive.

Houston
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Soft Play areas

Discovery Green in downtown Houston has a spray park

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Soft Play areas

You could check out the Schlitterbahn in Galveston--it does have some water activities open at this time of the year. However, that would involve hiring a car (if that isn't already in your plans), driving to Galveston (not that far but maybe more than you want to do with a 4 year old) and paying the admission.

Somthing closer that might be fun would be the Houston Zoo in Hermann Park. You don't say where you are staying, but if you are based downtown you can take the Metro Rail to Hermann Park. The zoo has a couple of very nice new exhibits and usually lots of activities going on. The Museum of Natural Science is also in Hermann Park--they have a lovely walk-through butterfly exhibit where there are lots of butterflies to see and maybe, if you are lucky, one will light on you. There is a small train (little kids love this) that runs through the park so you could ride from the zoo to the museum (I think) to save those small legs lots of steps.

4. Re: Soft Play areas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 06:18