We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis Clear Lake to Houston

6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxis Clear Lake to Houston

Hi all,

visiting Houston from the UK in July for a wedding, staying at Hilton Nasa Clear Lake. We'll need to get a cab into Houston on the evening of the wedding from Clear Lake. We'll have a rental car, but don't want to use it for the wedding as there's likely to be a small partake of alcohol! Is there a decent cab service Clear Lake to Houston in the evening, also bearing in mind we'll need to return Houston to Clear Lake, probably late into the evening. Any advice appreciated. Many thanks

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis Clear Lake to Houston

Yellow Cab is the predominant carrier here is Houston. They have an iPhone app where you can request a cab at your location using the phone's GPS (you can also track where your taxi is). I have used it and it is hassle free. I'm not sure it will work in the Clear Lake area (it's about 20 miles outside the city center) but it will work for your return trip. I'm sure your hotel can set you up with a taxi.

There is also a good chance there will be a taxi queue at your hotel looking for fares to the airport.

Edited: 20 June 2013, 17:22
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis Clear Lake to Houston

Agree that Yellow Cab is it. If you want to do it the old fashion way, it is (713) 236-1111.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7,260 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis Clear Lake to Houston

I just check Yellow Cab website; they gave an estimate if $65 one way.

For $130, wouldn't it be better to drive up in your rental car and stay a night in Houston?

Is the wedding banquet at a hotel?

They normally give the wedding guest a decent rate.

Or you can find a hotel nearby in walking distance.

Or perhaps, somebody at the wedding can give you a ride back to the hotel.

You can do some shopping in the morning, or visit a place or two.

Just an idea.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis Clear Lake to Houston

Thanks all, I think it would be easier & cheaper to drive, and just stick to soft drinks!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
541 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis Clear Lake to Houston

HI Linc,

I agree that a car would definitely serve you better. Thrifty and Dollar both have some good deals. On this Dollar Rental Car website, you will see the tab at the top that says "specials" When you click there, you can look at the specials they have, and there are more on the pages, that pop up,from that tab.

Enjoy the wedding!

6. Re: Taxis Clear Lake to Houston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 05:16
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question