We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from George Bush airport to Port of Houston?

Level Contributor
965 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from George Bush airport to Port of Houston?

We will be going from George Bush airport to Port of Houston (Bayport) on a Princess cruise in November - what is going to be our best method of transportation (taxi, limo, town car) - what companies are options? Thanks sooooooo much for your help!!

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,816 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from George Bush airport to Port of Houston?

Kelly--

So far as I know, no regular transportation has been established yet (as to shuttles, etc.), so you're probably going to have to take a cab or limo. For the past 6-7 years, we've used a private limo service with excellent results. If you'd like the name and contact info, please send me a private message; otherwise, any cab can get you there, and rates will be regulated by City of Houston.

Level Contributor
965 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from George Bush airport to Port of Houston?

I'd love the contact info :))) thanks!!!

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,816 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from George Bush airport to Port of Houston?

Sent via private message.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from George Bush airport to Port of Houston?

My husband and I are also cruising in November from Houston. I was searching for shuttle service to/from the airport when I saw your post about a private service you know about. Would it be possible for you to send me this information in a private email also?

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,816 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from George Bush airport to Port of Houston?

Private message sent.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from George Bush airport to Port of Houston?

Thanks so much for the referral. I really appreciate iit.

houston
Level Contributor
44 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from George Bush airport to Port of Houston?

You know you might check with Super Shuttle. If you have the zip code of where you are going you can get a quote on line. It is www.supershuttle.com. It can take longer in driving time than a taxi because they combine several people delivering to that area, but they are about half the cost of a taxi.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,816 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from George Bush airport to Port of Houston?

I'd suggest reading reviews of people who have taken SuperShuttle. Some have reported having to wait well over an hour before the shuttle departs, as drivers wait for the van to fill up before they depart. There is no question they are less expensive than cabs or limo service, but is the potential inconvenience worth it?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation from George Bush airport to Port of Houston?

Hi,

The shuttles, like SuperShuttle, clearly state that there may be a delay in departure time, due to waiting on arriving passengers. So, if you don't have some time to wait, I'd try a taxi or other choice of transportation.

I recently used SuperShuttle at LAX, and when our wait time for other riders approached the 30 minute mark,they decided those of us waiting would depart, and they'd bring another shuttle around within 10 minutes, to accommodate those who arrived later.

Hope your cruise is enjoyable!

cc,

Cupcake

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation from George Bush airport to Port of Houston?

I would also like info as well - we are going in Jan 2014

Get answers to your questions about Houston