We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NASA with a 18 months Toddler

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
NASA with a 18 months Toddler

Hello,

I took a vacations with my Family and have 2 days in Houston.

when i Think in Houston , the first think come in my mind is been In NASA Space Center, but my 18 months son traveling with us.

Did ou think is a good ideia, been there with him?

HAve something funny ?

thanks

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,616 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NASA with a 18 months Toddler

While you would enjoy NASA, your son is probably much too young to enjoy NASA, IMHO. He might enjoy the Cockrell Butterfly Exhibit at the Houston Museum of Natural Science, the Houston Zoo, Hermann Park (which has a mini-train and a duck pond, where he can feed the ducks), the Children's Museum, the Aquarium Restaurant (not so much for the food, but for the aquarium and the carnival rides), and possibly a visit to the Kemah Boardwalk, about 40 minutes southeast of Houston.

If he swims, most hotels here have swimming pools, and it currently is very hot. I hope this is helpful for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enquanto você iria desfrutar da NASA, seu filho é provavelmente muito jovem demais para desfrutar da NASA, IMHO. Ele pôde apreciar a exposição de borboleta Cockrell no Zoológico de Houston, Houston Museu de ciências naturais, Parque Hermann (que tem um mini-trem e uma lagoa de patos, onde ele pode alimentar os patos), o Museu das crianças, o restaurante aquário (não tanto pela comida, mas para o aquário e os passeios de Carnaval) e possivelmente uma visita ao calçadão Kemah, de Houston, com cerca de 40 minutos.

Se ele nada, a maioria dos hotéis aqui têm piscinas, e atualmente é muito quente. Espero que este seja útil para você.

Edited: 01 July 2013, 21:28
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,345 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NASA with a 18 months Toddler

Have a look at Moody Gardens and also the Schlitterbahn water park in Galveston. If you can make it to Galveston for the day, those would probably be better for the toddler than Space Center Houston.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
548 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NASA with a 18 months Toddler

Don't do it.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
40 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NASA with a 18 months Toddler

I think Gene has some solid alternative options mentioned.

And, I'd agree with Jackta's short answer. NASA is not a very exciting tour activity - and I grew up as a teen in that area.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NASA with a 18 months Toddler

thanks for all the replys,

I will change my plans to Hermann Park and Children Museum.

6. Re: NASA with a 18 months Toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 05:18