We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelliing Out from Houston Airport

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Travelliing Out from Houston Airport

Please, I'm coming in from London to Houston for the first time and I want to ask for the cheapest options to travel from Houston airport to Belterraza Drive, TX 77083 and from Houston airport to Hanoverian Drive, Richmond, TX 77407?

Many thanks for your advise.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,464 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelliing Out from Houston Airport

City bus will be the cheapest. A taxi will be the most convenient.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,449 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelliing Out from Houston Airport

You might want to check into renting a car and driving yourself. Taxi fare to the first address will run you about $93 and to the second from the airport will be about $103 (checked taxi fare finder site on the web). I don't think city buses are the answer--if there would even be service out to those addresses, which I doubt. You could check with Super Shuttle to see if they can provide service.

Will you need to return to the airport at some point as well?

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
40 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelliing Out from Houston Airport

I agree with TXOffWeGo - namely, the Metro bus will most likely not run that far out. The City of Houston has a very weak public transit system even at its core so your trips out to what appears to be suburbs will not be suitable to the city bus.

The metropolitan area is very car-dependent so a car rental would be your best bet. It will allow you to move about even if you were going to stay very close to your stated destinations.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,718 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelliing Out from Houston Airport

The Richmond area is not included in the regulated area covered by the taxis, so whatever you pay would be negotiated, but it would certainly cost in excess of $100 each way. My suggestion would be to have whomever you are visiting meet you somewhere within the boundaries covered by the taxi regulations.

Here's a form to obtain taxi fares: http://www.yellowcabhouston.com/order.aspx

Here is another showing bus schedules: www.ridemetro.org/SchedulesMaps/BusSched.aspx

Welcome to Houston.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelliing Out from Houston Airport

Rental car will be the cheapest. The two locations are somewhat close to each other so it will not be you going to one place back to airport and to the next. The other option is to make a deal with the taxi driver and get a set fare rather than the meter. Still the chances are it will be more than a rental car.

Are you staying close to the places you are visiting or close to the airport or downtown? Reason being the direct flights via BA or United - those flights usually come in the afternoon, meaning on the way back you will get caught to rush hour traffic.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6,473 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelliing Out from Houston Airport

Peter,

Perhaps you might want to ask a few of the expats living in Houston yourself:

www.meetup.com/British-Irish-Expats-Houston/

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelliing Out from Houston Airport

Hi,

I agree with the rental car aspect, and borrow a GPS to bring with you; it will make getting around Houston very easy.

Try Dollar rental car:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g56003-d220094-…

Notice at the top of that page, the 3rd tab over says "Specials"; once you choose your rental dates, you often see a 'Lock Low and Go" rate flashing, and this will take you to a good deal on a good sized car. Their cars are clean,and well maintained. Join their loyalty club before you book, "like" them on Facebook, and they could send you discount codes, too.

Hope your trip is great,

cc,

Cupcake

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelliing Out from Houston Airport

correction, it attached a hotel review. by mistake. Here is the Dollar Rental Car website:

http://www.dollar.com/

9. Re: Travelliing Out from Houston Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 06:20