We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic Alert ...I-10 at Highway 59 closed til Sunday

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Traffic Alert ...I-10 at Highway 59 closed til Sunday

abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story…

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traffic Alert ...I-10 at Highway 59 closed til Sunday

Thank you for that! I'm driving to Houston on Sunday or Monday.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
40 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traffic Alert ...I-10 at Highway 59 closed til Sunday

Yup, it seems that overturned trucks have been increasing lately. I don't know if we could use that as a sign that our economy is booming, though. :)

The truck punched a hole literally in the overpass pavement - which has to have been a lot of force. I'm okay with them keeping it shut for the weekend for the repair since the alternative of having it cave in while I'm on top of it is less desirable.

Local drivers should either avoid the whole area or know their way around major streets.

Edited: 13 July 2013, 14:46
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
533 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traffic Alert ...I-10 at Highway 59 closed til Sunday

Hi MM,

Thanks for posting this; I went this way today,and luckily, was able to detour before hitting the jam up this is causing.

Houston is not into merging! ;)

cc,

Cupcake

4. Re: Traffic Alert ...I-10 at Highway 59 closed til Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 05:17