We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kid friendly restaurants near houston marriot medical center

Illinois
11 posts
Save Topic
kid friendly restaurants near houston marriot medical center

Hi All!!

Wondering if there are any reasonably priced, kid friendly restaurants near the Houston Marriot at the Medical Center. Not looking for anything pricey or fancy.

Thanks!

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,990 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kid friendly restaurants near houston marriot medical center

Are you looking for something other than fast food places, or would those be ok as well? Are you talking about places within walking distance, or a short drive? Any particular likes or dislikes on the part of the kids?

Let us know, and we'll give you a bunch of suggestions.

Thanks.

Illinois
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: kid friendly restaurants near houston marriot medical center

We are looking for something within walking distance. We will be with a few other families at a medical conference and the hotel restaurant menu seems pricey. Many of us are on a budget. No particular likes/dislikes just something reasonably priced with a kids menu. Thanks!

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kid friendly restaurants near houston marriot medical center

Chipotle's, Subway, Murphy's Deli.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,990 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kid friendly restaurants near houston marriot medical center

The only ones within walking distance of the Medical Center that I can think of are Harlon's Barbecue, Cliff's Grill (burgers, sandwiches, etc.), Poblano's (Mexican), and Wan Fu (Chinese). The Medical Center itself doesn't really have a lot of restaurants in the immediate area. (I've eated at other locations of Harlon's and Cliff's, and they're certainly decent; I've not tried the latter two.)

If you're willing to drive about a mile east on University Blvd., you'll find yourself in the Rice Village (also known as University Place). What I'd suggest is to click on the green "Restaurants" tab near the top of this page, then on the left side of the page, click on University Place, and you'll find a list of restaurants in that area. The area is very walkable, probably no more than six blocks east-to-west (Greenbriar to Kirby), and maybe 12 blocks south to north (University to about Sunset). Many restaurants are family friendly and are very reasonable. If you have questions about any in particular, get back to us, and we'll give you more thoughts.

I hope this is enough to get you started.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
533 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kid friendly restaurants near houston marriot medical center

HI TM,

Try this link:

urbanspoon.com/ps/8/1731/houston-houston-mar…

This way, you can look at the area spots, keeping your kids in mind,and what they might like, too.

Southwell's has great burgers, is surely child friendly, and very good, not your pre-made burgers and fries.

Hope this helps,

cc,

Cupcake

6. Re: kid friendly restaurants near houston marriot medical center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2014, 06:20