We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-cruise stay and park? Cruise is out of Port of Houston

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Davenport, Iowa
2 posts
Save Topic
Pre-cruise stay and park? Cruise is out of Port of Houston

Please help ship sails november 5, 2013 looking for a pre-cruise hotel where we can leave our car doing the cruise and get transportation to the ship, before and after the cruise.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,877 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-cruise stay and park? Cruise is out of Port of Houston

Here 's the official link - see link for parking:

www.portofhouston.com/cruise-information/

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,616 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-cruise stay and park? Cruise is out of Port of Houston

For pre-cruise hotels, you could stay anywhere in Houston, Galveston, Kemah, or wherever you like, and just drive to the port. I have not yet been able to find any hotels that advertise that they offer shuttle service to the port, so the parking is clearly the least expensive alternative at this point.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,877 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre-cruise stay and park? Cruise is out of Port of Houston

Gene T: You and the the other Houston DE's might want to consider compiling some of these cruise posts into a Top Question link. I recall several in the past month or so. Many with lots of great information.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre-cruise stay and park? Cruise is out of Port of Houston

There are some motels close to IAH that will let you leave the car for so many days (for free) if you stay with them before departure (nor sure if they offer a shuttle). I don't know of any like that at Galveston but you might want to call some small motels where you can actually talk to the owner. If not drive up to the cruise parking lot. I think if you buy the parking on-line ahead of time it is cheaper.

Davenport, Iowa
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre-cruise stay and park? Cruise is out of Port of Houston

Thank you...

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pre-cruise stay and park? Cruise is out of Port of Houston

i agree, a TQ with all these related cruising questions would be fantastic. i had no idea about tolls, hov, transponders in houston. i can't believe how many hours a day are blocked off for such.

Edited: 29 October 2013, 08:00
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pre-cruise stay and park? Cruise is out of Port of Houston

There are a few hotels in both Houston (For the Houston Cruise terminal in Pasadena) and in Galveston which will let you stay 1 night before your cruise, shuttle you to the port and let you park on their lot for free during the week.

Dave@milestonecruises.com

8. Re: Pre-cruise stay and park? Cruise is out of Port of Houston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2015, 05:16