We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas dinner in North Houston

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Johannesburg, South...
2 posts
Save Topic
Christmas dinner in North Houston

I am looking for a nice place to have Christmas dinner in North Houston. This will be the first year that we spend Christmas without all our family and I was hoping we could find something special - not a standard Christmas dinner in a fancy restaurant but something family orientated. We have a 15yr old and an 11yr old and we need to make it special.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,616 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas dinner in North Houston

Candice--as you can imagine, most places are closed on Christmas Day, so your choices will be extremely limited. I don't know how far north you want to go, but your best bet would probably be at a hotel, possibly in The Woodlands. Other than that, you'll just have to start checking the Houston Chronicle online to see if you can spot anything: www.chron.com

Perhaps someone who lives in the northern suburbs may know of something that will be open that day, and can advise further.

Good luck.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas dinner in North Houston

Check out b4-u-eat and click on holiday menus. Not sure how accurate it is but will tell you which ones are open.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,345 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas dinner in North Houston

Kingwood's suggestion is a good one. Buca di Beppo in The Woodlands will also be open, I think. That's Italian food served family style; they may have a special holiday meal on offer as well.

Johannesburg, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas dinner in North Houston

Perfect, thank you for your help. At least I have some direction now.

Houston
Level Contributor
785 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas dinner in North Houston

Every year I see some "Breakfast with Santa" options. Some appear to be rather hokey but others have had ads that appealed to me, middle-aged lady. As you are looking at the possibilities, this might be worth checking into, as well.

Please be sure to follow this up after Christmas with whatever you have found. Many of us have a year or two where we are without our families and have to make do. My niece, her BF, and I all went to Luby's one year - it was depressing and the food wasn't up to the usual Luby's yumminess. :( We wish we had known.

There are many subculture groups and religions represented here in Houston that might give you some other great dinner experiences. Middle Eastern, Asian, and some African delicasies might tempt your palates and will probably have plenty of choices.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas dinner in North Houston

Here is a new list of places open for Thanksgiving. I have no clue if they are open Christmas Day, but it's worth a look and narrows it down for your possibilities since it's a 2013 listing:

…houstonpress.com/eating/2013/11/where_to_ea…

Tomball, TX
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas dinner in North Houston

I'm pretty sure we have eaten Christmas once at the Glass Menagerie at the Woodlands resort. Also, the other good choice might be the Marriott in the Woodlands. There may be other restaurants open but they may not advertise until after Thanksgiving. You may want to secure a reservation and then check that out right after Thanksgiving. You will definitely have more choices if you are willing to drive into town.

8. Re: Christmas dinner in North Houston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 06:19