We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Space Center Houston vs Kennedy

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Space Center Houston vs Kennedy

We've visited Kennedy space center in Florida a few times so is it worth a trip to the Houston space center or will it be much of the same?

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Space Center Houston vs Kennedy

I would take a look at the website to get a feel for the exhibits at Houston. There are no launch sites in Houston. I enjoyed seeing the neutral buoyancy training facility (giant pool.) It used to be one of the options for the public tours. I think now it's only available on the $100 (per person) tour.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Space Center Houston vs Kennedy

I have never been to Kennedy but from what I have heard there are very different. Kennedy is more the launch site while Johnson is mission control and training. Exhibits are more in line at each location with the respective responsibilities. Even though I am not a space nut I enjoy the space center. Usually spend about 6 hours when I go there.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Space Center Houston vs Kennedy

I'm not a spacenut either but we have been to both. I hardly dare saying it but we prefer Johnson esp for the tour around the grounds. It's beats the long busdrives at Kennedy imo.

4. Re: Space Center Houston vs Kennedy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 06:19