We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Megabus: San Antonio to Houston to New Orleans

Oxford, Mississippi
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Megabus: San Antonio to Houston to New Orleans

I'll be traveling from San Antonio to Houston then on to New Orleans later this month. We'll leave San Antonio at 6:45pm and get to Houston 10:15pm. Then the bus leaves for New Orleans at 11:15pm. I'm a little worried about there only being a 1 hour layover between the two buses. But since the New Orleans bus is the only bus leaving after my bus gets in at 10:15, then I'm assuming the bus I'll be on is the same bus that will be carrying people to New Orleans. Do you know if this may be the case?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,002 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Megabus: San Antonio to Houston to New Orleans

Why don't you call Megabus and ask them?

http://us.megabus.com/ContactUs.aspx

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Megabus: San Antonio to Houston to New Orleans

Even if it is not the same bus you have no worries as the drop off and pick up is the same place (it is a parking lot in downtown).

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25,915 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Megabus: San Antonio to Houston to New Orleans

The Bus from Houston to New Orleans is the M74 Bus. Not sure what the bus from San Antonio to Houston is.

Austin, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Megabus: San Antonio to Houston to New Orleans

I'm planning the same tour with megabus, how it was your experience?

5. Re: Megabus: San Antonio to Houston to New Orleans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 19:45
Oxford, Mississippi
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Megabus: San Antonio to Houston to New Orleans

The route from Oxford to New Orleans was great. Then because of the ice and snow between New Orleans and Texas, the rest of our route was cancelled. So we immediately got back on a bus about 5 hours later headed back to Oxford.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25,915 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Megabus: San Antonio to Houston to New Orleans

Took Megabus from houston to san antonio on the 4th and then back from san antonio to houston on the 5th. It also was in route to new orleans afterwards. Our bus from san antonio left at 7:15 pm, arrived in houston at 10:30 and was off to new orleans at 11:15 pm which would arrive at 6 am.

8. Re: Megabus: San Antonio to Houston to New Orleans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 11:17