We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fresh seafood restaurants

Minnesota
Level Contributor
141 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Fresh seafood restaurants

I'm looking for a seafood restaurant near the water. Someplace that serves fish other than catfish and options other than just fried. This is proving to be harder than I would have thought given the area. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
££££, American, Steakhouse, Seafood
Truluck's Steak & Stone Crab
££££, American, Seafood
Goode Company Seafood
££ - £££, American, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,998 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fresh seafood restaurants

Are you thinking Galveston, or a lake in the city or one of the outlying suburbs? Where exactly will you be and how far are you willing to travel?

Mentioned in this post
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fresh seafood restaurants

There are several sea food restaurants that have fresh sea food and not just fried nor just cat fish. If you want to be by the water check out Kemah and Galveston. For Galveston just Google "Galveston Restaurants" and then check out the reviews. It has been some time since I was in Galveston last - so cannot come up with my own and the one that I always went to has bad reviews lately.

Kemah, I cannot remember the name but it is one the opposite side of the boardwalk. People actually come to this place by boat too - almost like a marina. Within the boardwalk almost all the restaurants are owned by the same chain.

Common here are Flounder, Tilapia, Red Fish, Red Snapper, Bass, Trout to name a few.

Another place up North is a place called Kings Harbor. It is over looking Lake Houston and there are 4 or 5 restaurants.

There are several other restaurants that are not by the water but they get the fish flown in daily from where ever.

Mentioned in this post
Kemah
Kemah
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Minnesota
Level Contributor
141 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fresh seafood restaurants

Thanks for the reply. I did google and looked on TA. I was hoping for more first hand recommendations.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,402 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fresh seafood restaurants

Tearitup--You've got to remember that Houston is 50 miles inland, so you're not really going to find a lot of restaurants on the water. There are some on bayous (Brenner's on the Bayou comes to mind, but its specialty is steaks), but your best bet is to go to a place like (in no particular order) Reef ($$$), Goode Co. Seafood ($$), Brennan's ($$$$), or any of a number of others in Houston without the water view; or drive down to Galveston, which is actually on the Gulf of Mexico.

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Minnesota
Level Contributor
141 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fresh seafood restaurants

Thanks Gene T. That helps.

Sorry bk I overlooked your question. I was thinking Kemah and that area.

Mentioned in this post
Kemah
Kemah
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fresh seafood restaurants

http://dineattabella.com/menu/

This was on Groupon - it is fine dinning and the first time I have ever heard of it (at Kemah).

Mentioned in this post
Kemah
Kemah
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,998 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fresh seafood restaurants

Here is the restaurant link for Kemah, along with the location map.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g56066-Kemah_Tex…

Mentioned in this post
Kemah
Kemah
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
544 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fresh seafood restaurants

Hi T,

This might work for you, as it is at Pier 21 in Galveston; again, if you are up for the drive, as it is not Houston, it's on The Island itself:

http://www.galveston.com/olympiaatpier21/

Within Houston proper, there isnt much "waterfront",but there are some great seafood places, from Reef to Truluck's, which is a lovely setting, and great food.

Enjoy your dinner!

cc,

Cupcake

Mentioned in this post
Galveston
Galveston
Galveston Island, TX
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Minnesota
Level Contributor
141 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fresh seafood restaurants

Thanks again everyone. I appreciate all of the reponses.

10. Re: Fresh seafood restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 06:20