We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can Canadians seniors get Metro Day Pass discount

montreal
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Can Canadians seniors get Metro Day Pass discount

A Metro Day Pass for 70 years and over is free if you apply online or in person (https:/…Sr-Q-Card-app-bro.pdf). Can a Canadian, visiting to Houston, apply for the Metro Day Pass discount?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can Canadians seniors get Metro Day Pass discount

The requirement is that you should present a US Government issued ID, so you have one you can.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,647 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can Canadians seniors get Metro Day Pass discount

Mitsy T--Here's the link so you can read for yourself. Kingwood may be right, but all I can see is "...a government issued document..." (I can't see that it's restricted to a U.S. Government-issued document).

ridemetro.org/Fareinfo/Discounted_Fare.aspx

I just read the form you must return, and it specifically says ANY government-issued form, so you're fine.

Good luck, eh?

Edited: 18 January 2014, 23:24
montreal
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can Canadians seniors get Metro Day Pass discount

thanks.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
548 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can Canadians seniors get Metro Day Pass discount

Reproduced report below from a UK visitor regarding ease of purchasing a Q Card . . . So looks like you should have smooth sailing . . .

traveller2138

Suffolk, England

4. Re: Metro Q card

Nov 07, 2012, 8:48 AM

The short walk from the Greyhound terminal to the Metro building and buying Metro Q cards there at Ridestore was easy. ....

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can Canadians seniors get Metro Day Pass discount

Hi M,

Please look halfway down this page, where the question is asked specifically, and they say a person must be a US Citizen, or a permanent resident of the USA.

…about.com/od/natlparkbasics/a/SeniorPass.htm

This could have been changed since the publishing of many of these online articles, so it might be worth a try! It doesn't cost to apply,and you might get one, or they will send you info on other good options for visitors (I Hope they do!)

enjoy your visit!

cc,

Cupcake

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can Canadians seniors get Metro Day Pass discount

Hi M,

This should work perfectly for you,with your Canadian government issued ID; the main purpose here is to verify your birth date, to prove you are a Senior.

Enjoy your trip!

cc,

Cupcake

montreal
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can Canadians seniors get Metro Day Pass discount

Thanks

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,647 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can Canadians seniors get Metro Day Pass discount

Mitsy--

To avoid confusion, the info provided by Cupcake dealt with obtaining a pass for National and State Parks, NOT about the Metro Day Pass you inquired about. It still appears you should be able to obtain the Metro Day Pass based on the original info provided to you on January 18.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can Canadians seniors get Metro Day Pass discount

Hi M,

The main page may have migrated differently in my post, I apologize. However, the information I gave you directly in my next post was clearly correct.

enjoy!

cc,

Cupcake

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,647 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can Canadians seniors get Metro Day Pass discount

Mitsy--

Since there seems to be confusion, I took the liberty of calling Metro on your behalf (713-739-6968), and the representative told me in no uncertain terms that if you have Canadian-issued government identification, you are able to obtain the Metro Day Pass. This should resolve this issue once and for all, as stated in #2 above.