We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor/ Beer stores near Galleria Mall

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
199 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Liquor/ Beer stores near Galleria Mall

Hi, I'll be staying at the Westin Galleria and won't have much time to travel too far from that area. Are there any places that sell beer or liquor nearby so I can bring home "liquid souvenirs"? Thanks

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liquor/ Beer stores near Galleria Mall

Its not exactly close to Westin Galleria, but if you can make it to downtown specs you will find whatever you want. The store is a full city block+. Other than that I recall a liquor store on Westheimer just after you pass Hyland Village (west from the mall). It is a good mile from the hotel.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,590 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liquor/ Beer stores near Galleria Mall

The Spec's store Kingwood refers to should be listed as one of Houston's top attractions, as it's simply incredible in both size and selection, not only of wines and liquors, but of delicatessen-type and gourmet foods. On a future trip to Houston, make it a point to go see it!

They have a branch location (not anywhere as grand in scale) at 5130 Richmond Avenue, about 1/2 mile directly south of The Galleria. You can walk south on Sage Rd to Richmond, then turn left into the parking lot of the large shopping center on your left, where the Spec's branch will be located near the east end. It has a good selection and excellent prices, especially for cash (5% discount). I'm not aware of a closer or less-expensive liquor/wine shop anywhere nearby.

Edited: 21 April 2014, 22:26
Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
199 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Liquor/ Beer stores near Galleria Mall

Thank you I'll check it out

4. Re: Liquor/ Beer stores near Galleria Mall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 05:16