We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hobby hotel area???

Which Houston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
framingham
Level Contributor
152 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hobby hotel area???

Will be comming into Houston for a college football game over the labor day weekend, have booked a hotel in the hobby airport area, after reading some reviews it seems not to be the best area. im a single guy, traveling alone, not really to worried about being mugged lol but dont want to be staying in the slum area either. my hotel is ranked very high, and has great reviews, so really my question is, whats the real deal with this area???

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hobby hotel area???

Yes, it is not the best area. If all you plan to do is go to the game and go to the hotel to sleep you are okay. I would not be wandering around specially after dark.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hobby hotel area???

The hotel area should be fine, but go a couple blocks and the area will turn. Most likely you'll eat at the hotel or wherever you travel to, so I think you'll be fine for the night.

Welcome to Houston and hope your team wins!!

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,616 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hobby hotel area???

By the way, I wouldn't leave anything of value in your car while parked at the hotel/motel in that area.

framingham
Level Contributor
152 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hobby hotel area???

Think i may have to look again lol.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hobby hotel area???

If this an University of Houston football game? Why not check downtown hotels or wherever the college is..

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hobby hotel area???

Most of the "better" hotels / motels have a fenced in secure parking lot and maybe even security. Find out if it is fenced in - if so you are okay.

Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
338 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hobby hotel area???

I'm going to be there 2nd week of May for a business meeting; based on reviews here and elsewhere, my plan is a taxi from Hobby to hotel, taxi to and from meeting at Brady's Landing, and taxi right back to airport. Staying at Comfort Suites and will only have room for about 10 hours so I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hobby hotel area???

Haven't been there in ages (nor even thought of it). With your plan you should be fine.

9. Re: Hobby hotel area???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 05:15