We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toll Tags

Athol, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Toll Tags

Is there an advantage to NTTA, EZTag or TXTag over the others? Will be driving in both Austin and Fort Worth areas, and occasionally Houston. If all 3 are accepted do you get the discounts for NTTA if you have a TXtag etc? I see the TXtag discount on Austin roads is much less than the NTTA discount on Dallas roads so I wondered how that works. I assume you can purchase any of them if you have a TX license plate?

Arlington, Texas
Destination Expert
for South Padre Island
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toll Tags

I only know about the NTAA toll tag. It will get you through any toll road in Texas and through DFW airport. In my opinion it is well worth it. Have you been to the NTAA web site? It probably describes in detail the ins and outs...

Athol, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Toll Tags

Yes, and the discounts are higher than the other two, but we are closer to Austin and will use those roads more. What I guess I am trying to determine is does TXTag give the NTTA reduced rates for it's roads and vice versa. I know they honor each others roads, but at the reduced rate, or the cash rate?

3. Re: Toll Tags

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Irving