We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transport from Houston International Airport

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
286 reviews
public transport from Houston International Airport

I need to get from George Bush International Airport to the Katy Mills area of Katy City hopefully on public transport. Can anyone advise if this is possible? And if so what is the best solution.

5 replies to this topic
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: public transport from Houston International Airport

Not really possible. Outside of the metro Houston area (as Katy Mills is) there is very little public transport. Your best bet will be to rent a car and drive yourself. You could also look into Lyft and/or Uber--no experience myself with that but they are active in the Houston area. Another option would be to arrange transport with a car service.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
371 reviews
2. Re: public transport from Houston International Airport

Your best bet might be to book a trip with SuperShuttle, which will take you to Katy Mills Mall. As I understand their pricing, a single person would expect to pay $56 maximum (plus gratuity), but that per-person cost could be reduced if there were more than one person travelling on that shuttle: https:/…

Lyft and Uber are relatively new to our area, so no one has much experience with them. As I understand it, they are an amalgam of private drivers using their private vehicles to transport you to your desired destination. Supposedly they are far more responsive than taxi services, although I'm not sure this would apply at the airport, where taxis are lined up waiting for passengers, as fares are supposedly comparable.

Slainte.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
47 posts
3. Re: public transport from Houston International Airport

There is a great local taxi company in Katy - A2B cabs which can take you door to door from bush to Katy for $80.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: public transport from Houston International Airport

Not really possible. Outside of the metro Houston area (as Katy Mills is) there is very little public transport. Your best bet will be to rent a car and drive yourself. You could also look into Aywjereride Limousine and Transportation . no experience myself with that but they are active in the Houston area. Another option would be to arrange transport with a car service.

Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
4,373 posts
790 reviews
5. Re: public transport from Houston International Airport

Uber looks like it would be over $70 so not much different than a cab to that location. GeneT's suggest of supershuttle is probably the least expensive option if you're not renting a car.

Reply to: public transport from Houston International Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Katy