We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is McAllen safe?

girasoledonna
Level Contributor
222 posts
1 review
Save Topic
is McAllen safe?

I'm traveling through McAllen in April alone as a touring singer/songwriter. I'm a female and I will be in a small, stealthy, 19 foot RV. I have some interest from clubs to have me play there, but when I realized how close the border it is, I got nervous. Is it safe so close to Mexico to be traveling as a single female? How high is the crime rate? Should I stay further north in Austin, Houstin, Dallas and San Antonio?

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,503 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is McAllen safe?

You will be fine on this side of the border.

girasoledonna
Level Contributor
222 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: is McAllen safe?

That go for choroid Christi too?

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,503 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is McAllen safe?

Corpus Christi is a long way from Mexico.

Traverse City Mich
Level Contributor
1 post
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is McAllen safe?

I was frighten to come here for a 13 week contract. It is so nice. Much safer than Houston or Grand Rapids Micigan. People are fairly friendly. Very multi cultured. Many excellent restaurants. Like all cities you must use wisdom. I have extended my contract though April 2013.

Texas
Level Contributor
83 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is McAllen safe?

Absolutely! Just stay on this side of the border.

6. Re: is McAllen safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 18:21
Get answers to your questions about McAllen
More McAllen Topics