We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fuente del Norte bus schedule (Flores - Belize - Flores)

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
122 posts
13 reviews
12 helpful votes
Fuente del Norte bus schedule (Flores - Belize - Flores)

Dear Travellers,

I'm getting a little confused, I would be very glad if you dear travellers could clarify my questions.

Right now I'm in connection with one travel agency in Flores, recommended several times in this forum. They speak very good English, helpful, and responding. They seem reliable and I need a good agency and guide for my Flores trip, that's why I would also like to book Flores -Belize City - Flores bus tickets (Fuente del Norte) with and through them. One confusing topic for me is the bus schedule.

They told me the following bus schedule - and showed me pictures of the internet booking site:

- Flores to Belize City: 5:00 AM, 8:00 AM (!)

- Belize City to Flores: 11 AM, 1:30 PM (!)

As I read in this forum several times and from the Mundo Maya website:

- Flores to Belize City: 5:00 AM, 7:00 AM (!)

- Belize City to Flores: 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM (!)

Maybe the forum info and the Mundo Maya website is outdated, but I would like to book the 8 AM and the 1:30 PM buses but I would be very sad and disappointed if I would be late for departure. Given the infos I read before in this forum, I want to make perfectly sure about the times.

Any up to date clarifications and infor action would be very helpful, thank you very much in advance!

12 replies to this topic
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
122 posts
13 reviews
12 helpful votes
1. Re: Fuente del Norte bus schedule (Flores - Belize - Flores)

I did a bit further research and I found the Facebook page of Fuente del Norte Company, and as the post from 6 January 2018 says, the schedule Flores - Belize is 5 AM and 8 AM. So maybe the Mundo Maya travel site is outdated.

But... For the other travelers and to solve the unclarity, any recent experience shared will be welcome :)

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
14,265 posts
330 reviews
267 helpful votes
2. Re: Fuente del Norte bus schedule (Flores - Belize - Flores)

We did the Flores to Belize City route with Linea Dorada a year ago last fall. We confirmed the 7am departure the night before but the bus pulled out at exactly 6:45. The trip took just under 5 hours so we had time to buy tickets for the noon water taxi to Caye Caulker. That's my most recent experience, posted to let you know that the schedules are moving targets. Happy trails!

1 post
3. Re: Fuente del Norte bus schedule (Flores - Belize - Flores)

Dónde están ubicados en Honduras y cuáles son las horas de salida y que días salen hacia ciudad Belice

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
10,392 posts
4. Re: Fuente del Norte bus schedule (Flores - Belize - Flores)

Buses use the Marine Terminal on North Front Street near the Swing Bridge.

Buses to Flores (Guatemala) leave Belize City at 10:30 and 13:30.

The agent in Belize City for Fuente del Norte is Zippy Zappy Mayan Travels (formerly Mundo Maya Travel). See their website for schedules and fares.

Los autobuses utilizan la terminal marítima en la calle North Front, cerca del puente Swing.

Los autobuses a Flores (Guatemala) salen de la ciudad de Belice a las 10:30 y a las 13:30.

El agente en la Ciudad de Belice para Fuente del Norte es Zippy Zappy Mayan Travels (anteriormente Mundo Maya Travel). Consulte su sitio web para conocer los horarios y las tarifas.

www.travelmundomaya.com/transportation.html

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Fuente del Norte bus schedule (Flores - Belize - Flores)

At 8 am there is a bus (Fuente del Norte) from Flores to Belize, but in July 2018 we must to wait 45 minutes and people told us it is not uncommon.

Traveling from Belize to Flores we buy tickets for 13.30 and waited 1,5 hours for departure

Also this bus can pick up people at El Remate but if it is your case, better to have a telephone number to remember them.

The phone number in your ticket are not answered, so you can ask for a real number when you buy your ticket.

De Flores a Belize hay un bus que sale 8 am y de Belize a Flores a las 13.30 , pero en un viaje reciente en Julio 2018 estos buses se retrasaron hasta hora y media, al parecer esto no es raro de acuerdo a los comentarios de otros viajeros.

Si por alguna razòn requiere que lo recojan en "El Remate" (cerca a Tikal) es mejor que tenga el teléfono del vendedor de tiquetes, pues pueden olvidarse de usted ya que no es una ruta habitual y los telèfonos que aparecen en el tiquete no funcionan, ni siquiera el de atenciòn al cliente

6. Re: Fuente del Norte bus schedule (Flores - Belize - Flores)

I woud like to book 4 ticket from Belize City to flores 3 December 2018 in the morning at 11 AM.

Is it possible to buy with credit card?

Kasia Przybylska

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
10,392 posts
7. Re: Fuente del Norte bus schedule (Flores - Belize - Flores)

Here's the link to the Belize City agent for Fuente del Norte...

http://www.travelmundomaya.com/home.html

If it's possible to buy tickets in advance, they would know.

I don't think it's possible for Linea Dorada.

You can also check with Marlin Espadas...

https:/…

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
11 reviews
2 helpful votes
8. Re: Fuente del Norte bus schedule (Flores - Belize - Flores)

Marlin Espada = ladrones.

9. Re: Fuente del Norte bus schedule (Flores - Belize - Flores)

Hola! Saben si es seguro viajar con la Línea de autobuses "Fuentes del Norte"?

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
10,392 posts
10. Re: Fuente del Norte bus schedule (Flores - Belize - Flores)

Sí, es seguro.

Reply to: Fuente del Norte bus schedule (Flores - Belize - Flores)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted