We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flores to Guatemala City by bus

Which Flores hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Spain
Level Contributor
78 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Flores to Guatemala City by bus

For those who have advised me , thanks. I am in the midst of my trip. and having a ball !. There is a slight change of plan. I am thinking of travelling from Flores to Guatemala City by bus. Is there a direct service and who do you recommend please?

Thanks again..

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flores to Guatemala City by bus

From what I've read Fuente del Norte has the newest fleet of buses. But on the other hand I haven't read any complaints about the other two bus lines Linea Dorada and Autobuses del Norte who also operate the route with comfortable buses. The overnight buses are safe from what I can tell after reading guatemalan newspapers on line on a frequent basis. I'ts about an eight hour ride but you should be fine.

Spain
Level Contributor
78 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flores to Guatemala City by bus

Thanks for your speedy reply. So there are no day buses that ply the route then ? I am not worried about the night buses at all as I travelled on 1 in Peru last week. It is just that I am a light sleeper and prefer day travel that is all.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,725 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flores to Guatemala City by bus

I did Flores to GC on a direct day bus about five years ago and it was fine..

Spain
Level Contributor
78 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flores to Guatemala City by bus

Thanks. Will check out the day buses schedules then.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flores to Guatemala City by bus

www.grupofuentedelnorte.com www.adnautobusesdelnorte.com and www.lineadorada.info But you could also take a bus to the town of Rio Dulce to break up the long ride and explore the area which has a lot to offer. This is one of the many hotels in the jungle near the water www.hotelitoperdido.com And from there you could take www.litegua.com to guatemala city.

Edited: 23 September 2012, 01:18
Spain
Level Contributor
78 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flores to Guatemala City by bus

Kyle2009, Thanks so much for taking time to give me more pointers and web links for the buses and hotels as well. Greatly appreciate your help. . I will certainly give Rio Dulce some thought.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flores to Guatemala City by bus

So Peikwan,

Did you end up finding a day bus from Flores to Guatemala City. My wife and I are thinking of doing the same thing in early March. We would actually like to get from Flores to Antigua in the same day.

Regards

Jaden

Spain
Level Contributor
78 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flores to Guatemala City by bus

Hello Jaden,

Indeed I did. . I bought my bus and minivan tickets from a Travel Agency. The bus ticket with Linea( Flores to Guatemala City ) and Atitrans(Guatemala City to Antigua) was 290Q(Oct 2012). You can pick up the bus from the Gran Hotel (yellow) near the waterfront(0910) or at the Bus Terminal (1000). The journey takes 8 hours more or less with a 45mins stop half way for lunch. When you arrive at Guatemala City Bus Terminal, the Atitrans Driver should be waiting for you there with a Placard .

If you need the name of the Hotel in Flores where I stayed or the actual Travel Agency that I used, do let me know and I will email the extra information to you gladly.

Flores is a pretty town on the water . Have fun.

Peik Wan

Edmonton
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flores to Guatemala City by bus

Gracias Peikwan!

10 AM departure sounds awesome.

Spain
Level Contributor
78 posts