We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enrique from Gran Jaguar: Yet another warning

Level Contributor
67 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Enrique from Gran Jaguar: Yet another warning

This guy owes me Q1,600 for a shuttle that we paid for and didn't do. He refuses to pay us back and since we will on the other side of the country its pretty hard to force him. We have been working with Francisco Cano, Managing Tourist Assistance, Guatemalan Tourism Institute, 0050254143594, proatur.peten1@gmail.com and he suggested he make a denuncia, which we have. This guy is notorious around Peten. Be careful!! He speaks English so its easy for him to take advantage of tourists.

45 replies to this topic
Cancun, Mexico
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Enrique from Gran Jaguar: Yet another warning

Enrique and Wladimir (scarface) are crooks... They cheated me as they changed my voucher for the trip from Antigua to chetumal (where i already paid for), for a new voucher from Antigua to san cristobal, while my end destination was cancun... In additional those bloody guys tried to charge 20usd on top, to cheat me a second time... Don't trust those guys, they are tourist criminals... Don't work with them, and if you did, just contact the tourist police to help you out... Enrique and wladimir are record holder of accusations by tourist police !!

2. Re: Enrique from Gran Jaguar: Yet another warning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 16:37

3. Re: Enrique from Gran Jaguar: Yet another warning

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

4. Re: Enrique from Gran Jaguar: Yet another warning

Normal, Illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Enrique from Gran Jaguar: Yet another warning

Thanks for the info...I am a senior traveling solo in Guatemala for the 1st time and I am too old to deal with hassles. I am sure some one will post a more reliable agency~~~

Pyongyang, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Enrique from Gran Jaguar: Yet another warning

OJO ENGAÑO y ESTAFA. Agencia de viajes Gran Jaguar, en Flores. Continúan dando un horrible servicio. A la hora de comprar un ticket en shuttle para visitar Tikal te venden para horas que no dan servicio, es decir estafan. Me puse en contacto con el numero de tlf que aparecía en el ticket, se trata de Enrique el propietario además de mal educado y grosero a cada minuto cambiaba su versión de lo ocurrido resultando ser todas mentira. Evita esta agencia si no quieres problemas.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Enrique from Gran Jaguar: Yet another warning

Got scam by those guy yrsterday. Avoid !!! And report

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Enrique from Gran Jaguar: Yet another warning

I always feel bad for the traveler who gets taken.

Suggestion: check out the business when possible.

Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Enrique from Gran Jaguar: Yet another warning

Our friends also had a run in with this Enrique and Wladimir, who after some earlier business went into their hostel room and created a very unpleasant situation. Finally our friends gave in and bought some tour package with San Juan travel. Watch out for them! Crooks!

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Enrique from Gran Jaguar: Yet another warning

Curious, can't the authorities do anything? Yes, I know it is a silly question, but something should be done.

Reply to: Enrique from Gran Jaguar: Yet another warning
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted