We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartments in Glyfada

Which Glyfada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Riga
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Apartments in Glyfada

Hello!Are there near the sea in Glyfada some apartments where we could have good time with small baby (1.3 y) Second question- since we will come to Greece in May (15-20) - is it possible at this time to swim, I mean water is enough warm?:)

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartments in Glyfada

Well it depends..i would say that it is possile the last 3-4 years due to the changement of the climate...the May is summer the last years...so sea waters are acceptable enouph to swim...apartment???on Glyfada beach...i would say impossible..and even f it was possible would cost.....Glyfada beach is full of villas and expensive houses...it is an expensive area....on the other hand i know a hotel...with great value and suitable rooms for families....10 minutes walking from Asteria beach...which is the best beach for families at Glyfada...cause the sea waters are not deep...and it has really calm waters and organized facilties...there is a tram stop close also heading to the centre of the Athens...a super market close and the shopping area of Glyfada...check it...

www.greekhotel.com/athens/bluesky/home.htm

On the other hand if you can afford to pay for Apartments...close to Glyfada beach...with kitchnet ,and everything that can an apartment offer check the Brazil suites..a hotel offers apartment type suites suitable for families that can accomondate up to 4 people...

If you can afford it...it worths....

the location is close to Blue sky...so beaches,shopping area and super market are in walking distance from there...

http://www.brasilhotel.gr/

Riga
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartments in Glyfada

Thank you Gas for the answers!I am happy finding such forum with so knowingly person!:)Yes, brasil suites would be really nice, but too expensive!:( The sky blue hotel...the price is really low, but kitchen is rather necessary ... Maybe could you suggest some place which price would be between brasil and sky blue?;)By the way, maybe there is other part of Athens city near the sea which is like Glyfada (shopping, near sea, near center)?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartments in Glyfada

Thank you Gretha for your positive words...yes there are places like Glyfada,but all the beach coast of Athens is expensive,and it is logical cause many persons love to have an apartment with sea views.....I know some cheaper apartment options but are located in the centre..(www.athensstudios.gr).Blue sky is ideal but with no kitchnet...

I cant mention Oasis apartment hotel at Glyfada...but im not sure for its quality and its reviews are not the best....Gretha i have to comment that renting an apartment on the beach coast of Athens is not the most usual way to enjoy Athens....Athens coast supurbs are areas with expensive places....and i think rather that a swimming to the beaches and spending your time to the famous cafes and shopping areas is not the best place for a family.....I would advice spend 2 days in the centre of the city.....enjoying the sightseeing and the historic monuments and museums(in an apartment type hotel) and then head to a family type island......(Naxos island,Paros island,Ios island)where there are many apartment type accomondation places few steps from the beaches ..and enjoy 3 days in the crystal blue waters of Aegean relaxing in the peacefull enviroment than spending all 5 days to the busy north supurbs of Athens......or booking an apartement at Glyfada not exactly on the best beach positions and with budjet rates that will cost low quality....

If you agree on this i would love to help you with further recomendations and ideas to the new idea schedule(which will not cost you more)....elsewhere im not going to suggest you touristic traps or places that im not 100% percent that are good....

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartments in Glyfada

forget to mention that im living in the north supurbs; )

Riga
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartments in Glyfada

Hello Gas!:)By the way, our opinions are very close :), because I also thought to be in center ~ 2 days, than go to islands and every evenings back to Glyfada, but after your words I understand that more time goes for a way, therefore really better to live first days in center and after ferry to one of suggested island. Approximate plan could be following: first afternoon when we arrive (15.05.), and 16.05.,17.05.half day in Athens,afternoon ferry to island and will be there 18.-20.05.our back flight is 20.05.at 23:50!? About Oasis apartment - after I booked tickets to Athens, I booked also Oasis hotel apartments, but reviews aren`t the best-you are right, therefore I started to check also other variants and write the message in this forum!:)

About your suggested apartments in center-I guess I read already about these, but the problem was-minimum days for stay were 7!:( I hope I am wrong!

Your mentioned islands I hear for first time, therefore your near information would be great!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartments in Glyfada

Gretha...keep in mind that the tram from the centre to Glyfada makes 1 hour...is a big distance...so 2 hours a day you spending them to the tram......I would suggest Glyfada more if you werent first time visitor of the city......I will not suggest afternoon ferries to the islands...i will say morning ferry to the islands,.,most f ferries depart to Cycladic islands at 7 oclock in the morning...and the green line subway connects centre of Athens with the deck of the cycladic ferries at Pireas port....

I will suggest to email to Athens studios....but also check some other aprtmet type places....

if you can afford Ava hotel...will be the best..check the regular apartments....sometimes you can find goo deals if you eamil them...or make a reservation....to see if you have any rate you can deal with...at last if you dont have any other choice than apartment type hotel...check Oasis....and play bettwen 2-3 days to see if you can have better rates...

for vacations with a family on the islands...i would suggest Ios or Naxos...both peacefull islands with beautifull beaches and relaxing atmospere...I would prefer Nxos cause is closer to Pireas and is the mosyt family firendly island of Aegean...

for Naxos (about 4 hours with ferry from Pireas port...around 11-12 you will be there from Athens,if you take the morning ferry)

http://www.studiosathina.gr/hotel.html

( good value) www.antonystudios.gr/naxos-studios.html (amazing value...even if you have to pay something more in Athens ..you can save a lot of money here...and also enjoy an apartment on the beach)

Here is the ferry connecting Pireas with Naxos

bluestarferries.com/ENGLISH/defaultmain.htm

chooce the route

Pireas-Syros-Paros-Naxos-Ios-Santorini

on the bottom of the page cause this particular has early morning departures......

Gretha...i tried to help you as much I can..if you have any further questions or concerns let me know.....at last to put all these together

Stay at Ava if you have a good deal,and you can afford it..is the most popular place of Athens in TA

....email Athens Studios if they can give you >3 days stay.....

I suggest Naxos...at May you will find great values there...is a family firendly island with nice local taverns,beaches and most of its hotels are apartment type.....it has a good ferry conection with Athens...morning departs and afternon ones......from Pireas there is a train connection with Athens aiport....on your return from the island

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartments in Glyfada

as for Naxos..

is the biggest cycladic island..known for its archelogical sights and the hunderts of beaches...it has keep its traditional character than other islands close where tourism has destroy some parts of its cycladic identity...

it is better for a fily with little childs cause it is not rocky and the beaches are easy acessible and friendly...with sand than rocks and with safe sea waters....

I would suggest to make an other post on Naxos or Cycladic forums to have more infos about....

Try 2 days to Athens and 3 days Naxos...is better..cause an island allways needs at leat 3 days....Athens needs more too but i have spot that a beach is a main otion for you otherwise you will not looking for it even in Athens...: )

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apartments in Glyfada

and sorry..for my writing..today i was a little bit hungry and i eat some letters(fast typing)....: ))

Riga
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Apartments in Glyfada

Oh, Gas, what could I do without your advices?!!!:)Today had hard worked and checked everything what you suggested!AVA hotel-I booked for two days in spite of rather high price, but this is really good place,everything within grasp!Also to Antonio studio had wrote e-mail-hope for soon reply!As to ferries-I checked the time to Naxos takes 5 hour, maybe there is some faster way?And how do you think-is important to book the ferry tickets in online before or these can get in port without any problems?Ah and else..in ferry prices was mentioned super economy price, just 10.00 EUR/one way, but with note that these can get before ett.-you know about this fact and how we could get cheap tickets?...I see that last day we have some time before our back flight-is there some place in Athens center where we could leave luggage for some time?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Apartments in Glyfada

Hi Gretha... Ava is great....furthermore for its location at Plaka.has really good apartments and you will enjoy your stay...(allways make reviews safter to help me and of corse other travellers to be updated and concern for its property)..if you book your tickets earlier you can have cheap prices... 15 days before your departure you have 15-20% discount.....I would suggest to wait for the tickets to book them 1 month before your departure....but Blue star is the best option for me...is not that slow...the other ship makes more...and the fast hydrofoil..makes one hour and a half less(not that fast)....especially small kids can feel bad inside if there are winds cause its moving....and you must stay all the time inside(in the interiors)....on the other hand at Blue star ferry there areas to rest open air,...and furthermore space.....and is 30% cheaper than the faster ones....let me inform for any other question..: )

Get answers to your questions about Glyfada