We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First vacation in Glyfada

Pincourt, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
First vacation in Glyfada

Hello everybody,

Can anybody give an advice where is a nice beach around Palace Hotel,glyfada because we booked a week there.

We should pay for it ?

Witch is the best restaurant /price ?

Thanks !

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First vacation in Glyfada

Hi Palace is located in front of a beach which is public and you don't need to pay for use, it is not organized with umbrellas or selzlongs and is just 2 steps from Palace, there are 2 organized beaches n the area that worth a look but you need to take the tram in front of your hotel to go, one is Asteria Balux beach (tram stop Kolimvitirio 5 minutes walk from there) around 8 euros per person and the other is Thalassea beach (Voula final tram stop) 5 euros per person (4 euros per person for umbrellas, sezlongs) for the entrance, they are organized with umbrellas sezlongs beach bars etc. change rooms etc.

So you have 2 choices for organzed beaches and one free choice in front of Palace, I think you should try Balux Asteria beach it worth's.

Now restaurants ...I think you need a good value restaurant,

Zahos Tavern souvlaki place behind Marks and Spenser is the place to be (Katraki square), great prices (5-6 euros per person) lovely and quality food, is definitely the place of good gyros and famous for the roasted chicken.

If you want something more that just a tavern I suggest Mpiftekaaatsi at Konstantinoupoleos street (behind Goodys), nice cretan cuisine with some very good dishes to choose.(20 euros per person)

At last a stop at Pagotomania (ice cream - gelateria) at the same street really worths.

Now if you want something different than Greek cuisine I have to suggest you the 2 bests for me not just at Glyfada but in whole Athens.

Bets Mexican in Athens by far is Buffalo Bills at Kiprou street 13, around 25 euros per person, and secondly at the same street the best for me Italian in Athens

Peccati di Gola, greatest pizzas ever and lovely service, Kiprou street 50

Kiprou street is parallel of the busiest shopping street of Glyfada called Metaxa.

Edited: 07 June 2011, 21:24
2. Re: First vacation in Glyfada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Glyfada