We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a nice hotel in glyfada for this july

Atwater, California
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
looking for a nice hotel in glyfada for this july

hello, i usually stay at the AVRA HOTEL on G. Lambraki st. when I visit Greece. I have been told that the hotel no longer exists. I need another hotel similar to the hotel AVRA, can anyone help me find something in the area?

thanks

Athens
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for a nice hotel in glyfada for this july

Hi Hotel Searcher,

Whats the price range you are looking for?

The cheaper hotels are:

Parthenis in Voula(about 60 euros) quite basic

Hotel Four Seasons (very nice for the price about 80 euros) right in the centre of Glyfada

Hotel Emmantina

Hotel London

Hotel Glyfada ( a bit more expensive around 90 euros)

Let me know if you need any additional tips.

Atwater, California
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for a nice hotel in glyfada for this july

thank you JolliHolly for your recent post.

Thank you for the list of hotels, one of the hotels on your list, the Emmantina, was also recommended to me. my only concern now is location. our mode of transportation will primarily be walking and i would like to have the convenience of short distances (1/2 mile or less) to the beach and shopping and restaurants.

as i look on the emmantina website it appears to me that they are located near the old airport. that is a distance from the asteria beach as well as the main area of town.

can you tell me a little more about the other hotels on your list .

thank you so much, you have been a great help.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for a nice hotel in glyfada for this july

i suggest

http://www.fenix.gr/Index_flash.htm (one of the best in glyfada)

www.goldensun.gr

both hotels are close to tram stops....golden sun is 10 metres from bus stops and fenix just 200 metres from the nearest bus stop.....

check reviews carefully..pros and cons in TA

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for a nice hotel in glyfada for this july

golden sun is next to asteria beach....fenix just few metres from glyfada beach....both hotels are on close to the sea...i mean in walking distance

UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for a nice hotel in glyfada for this july

I was interested to hear reports about the Emmantina Hotel. I was a Rep in Glyfada 24 years ago and at that time the hotel was a really good hotel, one of the best in the area, and one of the first to have air conditioning!! It was managed at that time by a nice gentleman called Mr Delios and he was still there 10 years ago when I went to visit an old rep friend. The area has grown completely in this time, and the main road is so busy now is is frightening to cross. The square in Glyfada was relatively small to how it is now. At that time it was a thriving resort for the British tourist, but now it is occupied by different nationals and is more of a passing through place. Of course then we had all the aircraft noise before the airport was moved to where it is now. There was a hotel across the road to the Emmantina called the Palmyra and I had a room there for the season. It became a catering college in the 80s, but I understand it is now a hotel again. Good and bad memories from those days! Where are Manolis, Artemis, Aris, Billy, George, and all those people from the Palmyra, and anyone that remembers Blue Sky Holidays!

Atwater, California
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for a nice hotel in glyfada for this july

greece was wonderful. we ended up staying at the Palmyra Beach Hotel in Glyfada. It was a very nice hotel, everyone was very pleasant and the hotel was close to the beach and the center of Glyfada. Enjoyed the stay very much.

New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for a nice hotel in glyfada for this july

What happened to the AVRA Hotel on G. Lambraki St ?

I have stayed there many times, but not since 2005. Did it close?

Thanks, Cathy

NYC area
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: looking for a nice hotel in glyfada for this july

I would also recommend the Fenix. It is a Best Western which gives you some assurance of quality standards. It is set back from the main road and is convenient to the tram as well as having ample parking right out front. Right across the (quiet) street, is a good restaurant/taverna which is primarily visited by locals.

Good luck and have a great trip!

New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: looking for a nice hotel in glyfada for this july

I just got back from Greece, walked by AVRA Hotel in Glyfada, and it has been totally demolished. There was no indication as to what was going to be built. I stayed at John's Hotel on 3 Pandoras St, only 3 blocks from AVRA. John's is good, nice pool, walk easily to main streets of Glyfada for shops and dining. Asteras beach is across the street for sea swimming. The tram stop is a short walk away so Athens Center is easy to get to. I recommend John's when I go to Greece to stay a day before heading off to the islands, also when I return to Athens before heading back to the airport.

Dubai
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: looking for a nice hotel in glyfada for this july

Hi I just posted a review on my favourite hotel in Glyfada called the Brasil Suites.

thanks

Get answers to your questions about Glyfada