We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glyfada in may

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Glyfada in may

I will be in Athens for 5 days in may and I wonder whether to be in center of Athens (I've seen it touristicly once) or in Glyfada. Are there many tourists in Glyfada now - is it vivid in the evening. Is water warm - is someone swimming? Also, do you have to pay for those beaches in may?

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,082 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glyfada in may

I do not know if too much have changed, but I used to study/live in Glyfada years ago and my understanding is that majority of hotels serve mostly to people attending conferences, visiting friends and family who are members of the posh and large ex-pat community living there, people who use points on the international chain hotels on the area and a few people staying by choice mostly due to the proximity to the airport and need to decompress after/before a demanding trip elsewhere in Greece. I never thought of Glyfada as much of a tourist destination its self although I admit there might be people who favore it for some reason...

In general personaly I think advice to go there or Athens center really depends on how you envision your days spent. It is a large city to be lively enough all year around and its beaches are decent-ish. Swimming on May is a controversial matter depending who you ask, but yes, I have seen people swim in May.

2. Re: Glyfada in may

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 11:43
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glyfada in may

no swimming in the area,i agree.

4. Re: Glyfada in may

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2017, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Glyfada