We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants not too far from Tucker's Point?.....

Atlanta
Level Contributor
173 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants not too far from Tucker's Point?.....

Hi, I know TP is isolated but how much is the cab round trip for 2 to the nearest town with restaurants? What are some decent restaurants near by? We will probably eat 2 dinners outside of TP out of the 4 nights. Thanks.

USA
Level Contributor
27,106 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants not too far from Tucker's Point?.....

In broader terms, since nowhere in a place as tink at Bermuda is very far from anywhere else, there are a lot of good choices. The taxi ride (no public bus service later in the evening) between the Tucker's Point Hotel and downtown Saint George's will probably take 20 mins--$20 and into downtown Hamilton, 25 mins--$25...or os.

For alternative dining options in the 'general vicinity' of Tucker's Point...there aren't a lot--

TOM MOORE'S TAVERN--

http://www.tommoores.com/

SWIZZLE INN--

http://www.swizzleinn.com/

RUSTICO'S in Flatts--

www.primaverarestaurant.com/Rustico.html

Grotto Bay Beach Resort does a really good BBQ Night on Wednesday evenings and a Surf & Turf BBQ on Saturday evenings, down at its open-air, BAYSIDE BAR & GRILL...but these 'events' are the beginning and end for GBBR as a dining '..destination..'.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
173 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants not too far from Tucker's Point?.....

The two Grotto Bay nights look promising. How far is it from Tucker's Point?

Boston
Level Contributor
451 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants not too far from Tucker's Point?.....

Let me throw in a recommendation for Rustico in the Flatts. I love that place, great food, good value, and nice atmosphere. I have heard nice things about Indigo next door as well. These places are relatively close to TP.

USA
Level Contributor
27,106 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants not too far from Tucker's Point?.....

Perhaps ten(10) minutes or so by taxi. As you come across the Causeway (long 'bridge' across Castle Harbour) from the airport, Grotto Bay Beach Resort will be the hotel complex that you see arrayed on the hillside, to the right of the Causeway. Be sure to telephone ahead a day or so before for reservations for these dining 'events'. They're well attended by hotel guests...as well as a 'destination' for local residents. There's usually some sort of local entertainment after dinner as well...or head up Blue Hole Hill, to the Swizzle Inn for a drink and their usual 'pub entertainment'.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
173 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants not too far from Tucker's Point?.....

So a cab would cost how much for 2 up there and back from Tucker's? Thanks again!

USA
Level Contributor
27,106 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants not too far from Tucker's Point?.....

As a rule-of-thumb for Bermuda taxi fares...allow $1-per-minute and you won't go far wrong with your estimates.

New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants not too far from Tucker's Point?.....

I def co-sign with The Swizzle Inn, its very close to TP. If you do go to Grotto Bay, be sure to arrive early enough to go through some of their caves. It an AMAZING experiecne.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
173 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants not too far from Tucker's Point?.....

The Swizzle Inn for entertainment or food? It seems just like normal American food served at most family places here.

USA
Level Contributor
27,106 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants not too far from Tucker's Point?.....

You be the judge....that's what the link to the site is for. Sometimes the sort of '..pub grub..' fare offered by the Swizzle Inn is what someone may, '..have a taste for..'. In addition to the usual fare, they also offer traditional '..pub grub..'--Bangers & Mash, Shepherd's Pie, Fish 'n Chips, curries. As for the entertainment, it's basic '..pub entertainment..'...most usually a guy with a guitar, who knows the words to every Jimmy Buffet song ever written and some amusing '..patter..'...surrounded by a crowd that's been drinkin'... It's a '..PUB..". Ya' don't really need a road map to figure it out.

If you're lookin' for '..great..' food in Bermuda...'.you'll be disappointed. '..very good..' is about as good as it gets at a few places. Given Bermuda's tradition of '..fine English cuisine..' (a contradiction in terms) it's no accident that there're no Michelin-starred restaurants in Bermuda.

Bermuda has better beaches...Paris has better restaurants...Everything's a trade-off.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
173 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants not too far from Tucker's Point?.....

Agree. And if I were going for food, I would go back to Anguilla for the 3rd time. haha I just want to go see Bermuda and do a few dives of diving while my wife enjoys the beach and nice hotel .